Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Self Portrait Challenge

My be brave challenge for today is to take a self portrait. I bought this camera so I could do some portraits like others do for the self portrait challenge. I have the same camera as Misty Mawn and she takes wonderful pictures. I think its time to start exploring what I can do with it. This weeks theme is clothing. I decided to take a shot of myself in my new pajamas. It is very foggy out so I tried to capture some of that. The pj's are a very soft cozy type of flannel. When I touch the fabric I am given instant comfort. I like it when clothes can do that. It looks like I got more of my head than the pajamas but thats the way it goes. To see more self portraits go here














This will be my last Be brave challenge. I did it for the whole month of October and really learned a lot. I accomplished so many things that are really amazing. I won't stop doing scary things but my focus will be elsewhere. The 100 day reality challenge is bravery enough for quite awhile. Plus I am doing NaNoWriMo again and that starts tomorrow. This was a great experience, I really suggest you all try it

Happy Halloween

Believe it or not I do know its Halloween, Everyone else does such a good job with things on their blog today than me. I have been so busy that I have not gotten around to it. So I hope you can get around to other blogs to see all the fun. I did manage to doodle this little witch last night. She has her broom and is ready to travel. Have a great night.

9 comments:

Sheila said...

I lovve the self portrait, very moody and mysterious.
Happy Hallowe'en !

gma said...

The self portrait is great!!!
Happy Halloween Kate!

Olivia said...

Congratulations, Kate, on finishing BE BRAVE! You have ME beat on Halloween. I'm still trying to get my posts up before midnight AND not eat late at night! I did nada for Halloween :) Bwa ha ha! (Except that!), O

Anonymous said...

Your self-portrait looks lovely, Kate - I love the soft focus and the shadows. Cute little witch, too.
Happy Halloween and Happy NaNoWriMo - away we go! Woo-hoo!
xOx

Janet said...

The little witch is cute, and I love your self portrait. What kind of camera do you have? I'm sort of doing some info-gathering and hope to buy a new one in the next month or so.

Julie said...

Kudos to you for having the determination to follow this path for a full month. I bet you are very strong now and will continue to challege yourself.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Kate! The witch is sooo cute! Your soo sweet and talented! :) Just wanted to tell ya incase you forgot. ;)
Thanks for sharing with us!
*HUGS*

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Hey kate, you did good on your Halloween post too! Bev

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Beautiful Self-Portrait of you Kate! I'd Say Gorgeous!!!