Well I finally did one and I think there are a million things wrong with this but I said I would post it so here it is.
Things I learned.
1. Don't promise you'll post a painting at the end of the day if you haven't even started it.
2. Don't put a figure in a background that is skin colored.
3. Don't do a 3/4 view face until you know what you are doing
4. Buy a hand model and practice so you don't make alien hands again.
5. Drawing and painting are totally different, just because you can draw an ear doesn't mean you can paint one.
6. Some colors are transparent so they really won't cover other colors
7. I learned a lot about mixing colors
8. Next time draw a big face so you have room to explore its features
9. I need practice doing fine lines.
10. That I really can paint if I try and I can only get better at it if I keep doing it.
Supplies used. Water color paper 140 lb. cold press, Golden heavy body acrylics, Portfolio water soluble oil pastels, faber castell pitt artist pens, pencil.