Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Painting

Well I finally did one and I think there are a million things wrong with this but I said I would post it so here it is.
























Things I learned.

1. Don't promise you'll post a painting at the end of the day if you haven't even started it.
2. Don't put a figure in a background that is skin colored.
3. Don't do a 3/4 view face until you know what you are doing
4. Buy a hand model and practice so you don't make alien hands again.
5. Drawing and painting are totally different, just because you can draw an ear doesn't mean you can paint one.
6. Some colors are transparent so they really won't cover other colors
7. I learned a lot about mixing colors
8. Next time draw a big face so you have room to explore its features
9. I need practice doing fine lines.
10. That I really can paint if I try and I can only get better at it if I keep doing it.

Supplies used. Water color paper 140 lb. cold press, Golden heavy body acrylics, Portfolio water soluble oil pastels, faber castell pitt artist pens, pencil.

9 comments:

J C said...

Your painting is WONDERFUL Kate! Don't you just love Golden acrylics? My favs. That and Createx. They're for airbrush, but you can use them with a brush too. Keep painting, you're a natural! xoxoxo

Sheila said...

Love it. It has life and colour, and is really good.
If this is an new venture for you, I can tell you are going to be great!

gma said...

Kate
Impressive!
Your painting is really good.
The background is great too with the faint musical notes and writing.Really love it.

Sophie said...

Maybe you think there's a million things wrong with it but I can see at least one thing that is RIGHT: you painted it. YOU painted something. The colours are rich and beautiful. Don't focus on what's wrong but rather on what's right. Besides, no one gets everything right on the first try (or second or third...) Keep going at it and always ALWAYS focus on what's right.
*hugs*
Sophie

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Wow Kate Love it! She's Beautiful!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Kate I happen to think this painting is fabulous. I love how you did the background (I could use some tips on how you did it)and incorporated the hand and flowers images in with the painting. I want to see more!!
XOXO

Olivia said...

Kate, I LOVE THIS! I can't believe that you did this in just one day. I think you notice a lot of things wrong with it but an outside observer wouldn't. LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Learning is a beautiful thing....I am not a person that can draw, however coming from not being able to draw a stick figure straight i can tell you as your progress you will find your niche and your groove and love it ALL.
Ang

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,
I think you did a wonderful job on this painting. I love it! the sweater is the perfect touch. Looking forward to seeing more and more. Keep it up!

thanks for sharing it! xo