Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Sunday in October

We are continuing to have a beautiful Indian Summer. I took Flynn down to the river this afternoon and it really was nice. One of the things that I like to do is walk on crunchy leaves. I love the sound them make. The water looked just like glass, it was so serene, I was really glad we went.















Church service covered Samhain, Halloween and Day of the Dead. Here is the altar that was set up. It was huge, I put the shrine I had made for my mom on it. It was a really fun service with lots of shenanigans pulled off my our minister Lyn.














Look at these flowers, they were some of the most gorgeous roses I have ever seen, The pictures do not do them justice.














I made up goody bags for my Nanowrimo write ins. I hope this makes attendance a little better. I have assorted things inside like word count sheets, a paper thermometer to track progress, stickers, candy. I included crayons in some to color their way out of any blocks and little composition notebooks to used to write down ideas when you are away from your computer. The candy I chose is significant, dots (otherwise known as periods), butterfingers(you don't want real butterfingers or you won't be able to type), and snickers (hopefully you won't be snickering to yourself about how your writing is going). I know this are silly and speaking of silly I have silly putty and a candle to help burn that midnight oil in novel writing. I know what you are thinking but a girl does have to have a little fun.

3 comments:

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
I'm sorry about the women you have to deal with in the Nano there, it's sad when people complain so much.. anyhoo, I like the coffee shop idea and think you should go with that..
I love the picture in your post from today.. They are pretty flowers..
and I have to tell you..
I think you are extremely silly..and I'm glad you are that way :)
PEace, Kai xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely altar and roses.
I didn't know you were going to be an ML! You go, girl! It sounds to me like you're doing a great job - what wonderful goodie bags - I would be delighted to have you as ML - what a shame the writers in your area aren't being very cooperative right now. I think it's their loss though. Hope you can all find a place that works well for you all.

Janet said...

Since I'm playing catch-up with the blogs I must tell you, I'm enjoying all your videos. You have so many things going that I feel like a big lump! As for the writing group, I think the goodie bags should be a hit. You obviously put a lot of thought into them. Hopefully your group will come around and stop complaining so much.