Monday, October 15, 2007

More pages


















I did several pages over the weekend. First I did this woman, I had not intended her to come out Polynesian but that seem to be what she became. I am finding the surface of this paper hard to draw on. SO I moved on to collage. I have been doing the drawings with Prismacolor colored pencils and Faber Castell Pitt Artist pens.



















These are pages I started a couple posts ago, I really like how they look now. I guess they needed to evolve into what they wanted to be.


















The page on Whoopi evolved because she looked so great on this background color. I really admire her for being her own person. This page represents that part of me I want to cultivate.




















This woman I put on the page, at first she seemed to be just contemplating and then it turned into a page on depression. The flower represent a technique I use. When things are so bad if you can just think of an image of a flower and drawn that beauty to you it helps, you slowly can build on that image and expand it and help yourself out of the murky depths you sunken into.





































This page evolved almost effortlessly. First I had the woman and then the scene and the words seemed perfect, I planned to add the flower to another page but once I placed it on the page it was as thought it belonged there. Such synchronicity with this page. It really seems to evoke a sense of calm to me.



















This page just became a collage of color and pattern, it seemed to evoke the Endless Possibilities that are out there.


















Violette did this great video on how she creates a page and I thought I would try one aka her style mixed with my own.

6 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Beautiful and Fantastic!

Really in WOW of YOU!

Have a Blessed Week!

KaiBlue said...

I had a lovely half hour reading thru your blog Kate and looking at all the different creations that your branching(pun on the owl..lol) out into..
seriously, I love the colours and ideas.. :)
glad the card got there, getting the party started, check Blue's blog for details..
PEace n hugs, Kai xx

violette said...

I love how you let your pages evolve into what they want to be.....and eventually they have messages for you! The page inspired by my youtube video is cool! Thanks.......such an honour.

Love, Violette

Julie said...

They're all wonderful but I really like the dragonfly and lady/lily collages.

Julie

Janet said...

I am loving your pages!! They are just evolving into such beautiful pieces. I love the Endless Possibilities!

Anonymous said...

I like the way you're just letting the pages evolve and take shape - they're looking beautiful, Kate!