Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sign ups for Nanowrimo Begin today!







Don't you want one of these great icons on your site? Join the foray into novel writing. Isn't this the year you are going to write that book! If not now when?

DOTTSYED Do one thing that scares you every day. Today I spent part of the morning writing letters to art supply companies requesting free supplies. You might not think that is scary but to ask for something like that is difficult for me. I am sending letters to Ranger, Golden, Moleskine, Portfolio and Faber-Castell. If nothing comes of it that is ok, I at least made the effort and that is good enough. I would just love to see the Art supplies come rolling in.















Last night after getting home late and then watching the Heroes episode on tape, I made this.



















This is the page I did on Fear.

A week or so ago I discovered this used book store, well they have new books too. I never thought of going there for art books but I found these two gems that had to come home with me.


















I have checked out this DaVinci book from the library so I will be glad to have my own copy that I can read.














I want to improve my lettering and I have a pen and some nibs so this book looked very straight forward and easy to follow. I don't have a clue when I will have the time to play but at least it is there when I am ready to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Kate! I love the piece you did on fear! You are sooo talented! I'm sorry if I have not been commenting on blogs as much. I have been writing for the magazine, making art and singing. I started voice lessons again.

KaiBlue said...

I finally got into the Nano site and Im signed up.. :) Let the fun begin!!
November will be a good month.
Peace, Kai xx

Jessie said...

oh, kate--i am so glad that you are doing this project! i mean, dang...you are one inspiring chica!! :)

i look forward to witnessing your journey.

Olivia said...

YAY, Kate...good for you...you risk nothing by asking...can't wait to see how things progress. Congratulations on jumping on in!

I'm doing NaNoWriMo too. First-timer.

blessings,
O

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you're doing NaNoWriMo again!! Patrick finished his novel and has been editing for ages. Gosh, what a process writing a book is. Part of my new free time is going to be spent editing his book for him. I'm so excited and it really gives me some insight into what you and the other NaNoWriMo folks are going through.

Love your books and I hope you get tons of free art supplies. That would rock!

Anonymous said...

I need to hie over there and sign up again for this year - I was kind of sad they were taking down the old book-style author's pages from previous years, and I guess I've been avoiding going over there yet because of that (does this say something about how I deal with change? :)
Hope your project has the art supplies rolling in, Kate. Love your journal pages, very cool.