Saturday, October 27, 2007

A little drawing at 3 am

Forgot to mention my Be brave project for yesterday. It was facing a fear by bringing up a subject with Dave that I didn't want to. The conversation did not go well so which is probably why I did not want to do it. I am glad I did though because it is forcing me to look at things differently. My friend Julie really had some great advice which was basically it isn't all or nothing, there are a lot of steps in between. I think todays project is going to be to look deeper at this and decide what it is I really want from a relationship. What are the non-negotiable things and what are the things that I can get somewhere else. I hadn't thought of it in those terms before so it'll be one of those soul searching weekends coming up. I wish I had a cabin somewhere where I could just go to be alone.

I drew this about 3 am last night. The picture I was drawing was all black so I was just guessing on where the feathers should be and so forth. What can I say it was 3 am after all. I do want to draw some crows so I need to look for some better pictures to work from.

My Nanowrimo meeting was a bust as no one showed up. This being an ML is not what I thought it would be. I thought I would just set up some write ins and some people would come and some couldn't. I didn't know I would end up with a group of complainers. One wants it a kids playland another wants it in their town, another complains about the time, cripes. I did this because I thought it would be fun but I was sure wrong. I am thinking of going back to my original plan of just pick of few times at a coffee house and if people come fine, if they don't fine. I don't need the stress.

6 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

hmm seems to me I have done a few brave things the past week!
I am a woman who runs with the wolves! I am taking it slowly but so looking forward to reading it!

Olivia said...

Good for you for having that conversation with your husband, Kate!

It sounds like the ML was a real bummer. You have a lot on your plate...

Really enjoyed your video...

Love, O

J C said...

Don't you just hate it when you feel the need for an important conversation...(important for one's own well being)....and yet you have to approach the subject by walking on eggshells? I know where you are coming from and it isn't fair. I too, wish for a cabin.

Pam Aries said...

I'm sorry your meeting didn't work out. It's probably just as well that you won't have the stress of all that anyway. It is so hard to get people on the same page!(no pun intended ,but it works ha). One time I tried to get a group together to do Artist's Way. It ended up being a gabfest. Eeverytime i would try to get them back on the subject , it was a waste of time!!! Finally people just quit showing up one by one for various reasons after the 3rd week So we ended it! Crazy!!!

Claire said...

thanks for your comment, kate! i've got eat, pray, love waiting for me as soon i'm finished the four agreements :o)

Anonymous said...

I like your original plan! I say stick with it and if no one wants to play along, the heck with them. Apparently you can lead a writer to a party, but you can't make them have fun.

P.S. The goodie bags are adorable!