Friday, October 12, 2007

A visitor in my backyard

I walked out in the backyard with Flynn and I saw wings flying by and look what landed in one of my trees. He wasn't that big so I think he or she was born this year. I thought she was a Great Horned Owl right away and Dave kept ssaying it wasn't. So we got out the scope to look at her and I was right. This was kind of cool. I usually have to drive somewhere to see them. I know we have owls around here since I can hear them Hooting late at night, but its hard to see them in the dark.


Sheila said...

You are so lucky and honoured to have this fantastic bird in your yard. I have never seen one in the flesh...erm..I mean feather..!
Great photo too!

Pam Aries said...

Hooty HOoo! I can't believe you got a pic of him! Cool! Your journal pages are beautiful,,! I did some backgrounds in least I have that! Now to fill them!

Laritza said...

What a great shot!