Friday, October 12, 2007

A visitor in my backyard















I walked out in the backyard with Flynn and I saw wings flying by and look what landed in one of my trees. He wasn't that big so I think he or she was born this year. I thought she was a Great Horned Owl right away and Dave kept ssaying it wasn't. So we got out the scope to look at her and I was right. This was kind of cool. I usually have to drive somewhere to see them. I know we have owls around here since I can hear them Hooting late at night, but its hard to see them in the dark.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

You are so lucky and honoured to have this fantastic bird in your yard. I have never seen one in the flesh...erm..I mean feather..!
Great photo too!

Pam Aries said...

Hooty HOoo! I can't believe you got a pic of him! Cool! Your journal pages are beautiful,,! I did some backgrounds in mine..at least I have that! Now to fill them!

Laritza said...

What a great shot!