Friday, October 05, 2007

It's my Anniversary Today

Its our wedding anniversary today, 22 legal years, 25 if you count living together. I picked up a bunch of flowers and had them delivered to Dave's office. They were fall colors and really quite pretty. I should buy some for myself now to just have at home. We'll probably go out to dinner or a movie tonight to celebrate.

My Do One Thing Challenge for the Day is just a little phone call but its still is scary so it counts. I called our local hospital and talked to the volunteer coordinator. I thought I might like to volunteer to go and read stories to children who are in the hospital. It turns out they don't really have a program like that because their enrollment of kids is not consistent. They do have a book cart that they take around to all patients. So I guess this would give me the opportunity to read to kids or adults. So I have started the process, there is an application to be filled out and references to be checked and so forth. This turns out to be more involved than I thought but that is fine.

I did my writing exercize, I have been posting my thoughts about doing that here. No Art yet today but the day is young and I did post twice yesterday so I am off the hook for now.

7 comments:

Olivia said...

Yay, Kate...that little phone call is the first step towards a sweet dream you have of blessing others.

I had a good friend several years ago who made a little phone call to a hospice, ended up volunteering there, and now is almost a nurse. All because of one little phone call. You never know where a phone call will lead!

Congratulations on Being Brave,
Olivia

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. Wow with that scary little phone call you now have things in motion. Love Hugs and Blessings

Sophie said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your time together.

Julie said...

My husband and I have legal years and previous years too. We have been married 33 years but we have been together for all intents and purposes since FRIDAY NOV. 13, 1970. (GOOD luck for us.)

And, I repeat, I am so proud of your for your bravery. Maybe some of it will rub off on me.

Julie

Gill said...

Happy Anniversary Kate!
Good for you for volunteering at the hosp. It is involved, they have to make sure you aren't a convicted weirdy before signing you up!
xo
Blue

gma said...

Happy Anniversary!!!Love and happiness to you both!
xx

Anonymous said...

A day or so late, but Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead. xox