Friday, February 29, 2008

First Journal

I have been wanting to learn how to make journals for a long time. So I put it as one of my intentions for my second season of the 100 Day Reality Challenge. That way I knew I would do it. Here is my first attempt. I used Teesha Moore's technique using canvas boards for the front and back pieces. So here is my first try.

I made a zillion mistakes but I think it will be a functioning journal. I was using this one as a test, I have material for one with heavy watercolor paper and a bigger size. Hopefully I will do a better job next time. You really can't tell the mistakes by looking at the pictures, but I had things that weren't centered or cut evenly, the holes for sewing were not even and the sewing is not tight enough and on and on. Practice makes perfect though so I will try again soon.


















This is the front.



















This is the back

















This shows the inside papers I used. I am so glad I took the time to do this. It really feels good to get some goals accomplished. When was the last time you tried something new?

3 comments:

Shop girl said...

I am doing something right now that I have never done. To make glass charms. It isn't perfect, but a good start. I love that you have made a Journal, and it is very pretty, keep going.
Hugs, mary

Pam Aries said...

Kate! That is awesome. I love the colors... I haven't been ambitious enough to make my own.... I am hoping to get some art done this weekend!... BTW: I a mso bummed because I can't get the Oprah webcam to install in my old computer! Yikes! I am manifesting a new computer..ha ha ...I am going to try to use my neighbor's ..

Julie said...

Kate - I think you've done a great job and I love the dragonflies.

Thanks to you - the queen of accepting challeges - and other creative blog friends, I am just beginning an altered book. This is my challenge for 2008 (unlike you, I have to start small).

Soon, I hope, I will be opening my art/poetry blog and I will show what I have accomplished with my a.b.

Julie