Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Weaving, Stuck in the Snow,

I'll start with weaving so at least I have some pretty pictures up here. I finished warping the loom last night. The tie up on a Countermarche loom is always the hardest part so I will be spending this afternoon working on that.














This is a view of the loom with the blanket warp on it.














This shows the back of the loom so you can see the warp better.

We got another 5" of snow last night. It just doesn't seem to stop this year. i made a little movie of the snow on Monday but when I publish it the color does some weird thing so I won't post it.

Last night I was going to town to attend the Democratic Caucus when there was a car stopped in the front of me so I tried to slow down hit a patch of ice and traveled to the left across the road and then did a 360 and ended up in a snowbank going the other direction. I was deep in all the way to my back wheels before I stopped. Some good Samaritans pulled me out. They were really awesome. It took 2 different vehicles but when the woman with th big SUV came she had enough power to pull me out.

I managed to get to the caucus and had a blast. They expected about 400 people to show up and there were almost 1000 people. it was one big party and I had a blast. Most of the time we were just waiting around for the roll call and other things but here's a short clip of my friends and the crowd. It was really great to see that many people participating in the process.



Also found out that PJ
gave me the Make my Day award. This is the fourth time I have gotten this and that tells me I must be doing something right. What a nice treat that was. I sent it off to 10 people the first time and really didn't mention it the other so perhaps I should give it out again. I'll do that in tomorrows post.

5 comments:

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
I'm glad that you are alright, we've just been having rain here. Do you have a lot of snow on the ground?
The Demmie caucaus sounded like a blast, Mr Dan is a Demmie.. I dont get to vote, but I still get interested by the elections.. NO more George!!!!
PEace n love, Kai

Pam Aries said...

I am loving the election for the first time in years! ..WEll..It was absolutly gorgeous here today..70 degrees! I'm glad you are okay and that you had some geat help in getting out of the snow bank! . I watched Oprah today and it was fantastic!

PJ said...

Whoa, I bet that was scary- glad everything was ok and you got to your meeting!

Anonymous said...

Wow, there *ARE* Democrats in Idaho! : )

Elizabeth said...

Kate!
It is great to "meet" you!! I am doing the owoh giveaway to and I just joined so pop on over to my blog and sign up for my giveaway!! i am so excited about obama I can hardly stand it!! I live in Viginia very close to Washington and I am going to be at the polls next tuesday for our Primary handing oout stuff for him!! So cool to see your photos' from your Caucus!!

YES WE CAN!! YES WE CAN!!!!

Hugs!
Elizabweth