Friday, February 15, 2008

A sign of Spring













My dear H gave me these tulips for Valentines Day, They just seem to say Spring to me. I also got a small box of white chocolate truffles from Sarah's Candy Cottage, they make the best candy locally. They are really good.

I found this online weaving magazine for any of you weavers out there. It really is nice, lots of good stuff to look at.

I got my One World One Heart gift all packaged up and ready to go. I'll get it in Mondays mail. I have to admit I am glad that its over with this time. The volume of participants made it a lot more work than last time. I didn't enter anywhere near the number of drawings, it started taking up too much of my time. Congrats to all the lucky winners.

I have another round robin book to work on. This one has a theme of texture so I think I will try some new things. My first page I am laying down masking tape and then gesso and paint and who knows what else. I want to try to push myself with something new this time.

I signed up for Paulette Insall's painting faces class. I have to wait till March 31 now. That is when it starts. I took an online class with Kathy Johnson on watercolor painting and it really was awesome so I hope this one will be the same caliber.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Kate!!! Love the flowers! I hope that you had a wonderful valentine's day!!! Congradulations to your winner.
*HUGS*

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Beautiful Tulips and one of my
favorite colors of the Tulips.

Where did you find Kathy Johnson's class at?

Have a Blessed Fun Happy
Creative Healthy Year!!!

Anonymous said...

oh those tulips are beautiful, Kate!
Glad you had a happy Valentine's Day~xOx

Kate I said...

Kate, I signed up for Paulette's class too. I was too late for the mixed media backgrounds so thought I'd try the faces. I'm looking forward to it!

Shop girl said...

your Tulips are so pretty, I love white chocolate anything...Yummmmm!
I didn't know you could sign up for classes on the net, tell tell more. Happy everyday, mary