Monday, February 25, 2008

Finshed I think!

There comes a time in a project where you don't know what else to do so I guess you need to say its done. I really learned a lot doing this painting. I am better at mixing colors, learned what colors looked crappy with a blue background an how to fix mistakes. I look forward to the painting class I am taking next month since I know I will learn so much more. Now I am ready to work on something different. I made a little movie with all the stills leading up to the finish.

I would appreciate any comments and constructive criticism about my painting. I am trying to learn so if you see anything you'd like to point out leave a comment or send me an email.


Margene said...

Thank you for sharing the metamorphisis of the painting. It has a folk art quality to it and I love it!

judie said...

I think it's wonderful. And I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. I would just say nothing. It's wonderful!!! Yes, it does look like folk art. More More please!

Cindy Dean said...

You did a great job Kate. She looks like you.

Angela said...

WOW Kate!!! I love the video! How did you do that? I wanta try one day. That's kewl! I have to say this....
And many more,

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Happy Birthday To You Kate!
You have some BD messages
at Violettes!!!

KaiBlueCreations said...

I like the definition you have in her eyes Kate, The colours are wonderful and the sereneness oozes from her.
Liking it. :)

Happy happy birthday to you..
Peace and hugs, Kai xx

Patti said...

Hi Kate, I found your link via Olivia.

I have no criticisms to offer - the painting is beautiful and does have a folk artiness to it, which I just love. Really enjoyed seeing your creative process too. The colours you chose are a gentle and feminine background for the strong woman you have painted. Is she you?

MissKoolAid said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day.

Your painting is beautiful. No criticism. I think you're just getting better and better with every painting/journal page.


violette said...

Happy Birthday Kate! I love your painting.......very folk art like in appearance...a gentleness to her! I'm not sure what kind of critique to give apart from maybe giving a bit more of a contrast under the chin to show the separation?? Other than that she's lovely!

love, violette