Monday, February 25, 2008

Finshed I think!


















There comes a time in a project where you don't know what else to do so I guess you need to say its done. I really learned a lot doing this painting. I am better at mixing colors, learned what colors looked crappy with a blue background an how to fix mistakes. I look forward to the painting class I am taking next month since I know I will learn so much more. Now I am ready to work on something different. I made a little movie with all the stills leading up to the finish.



I would appreciate any comments and constructive criticism about my painting. I am trying to learn so if you see anything you'd like to point out leave a comment or send me an email.

9 comments:

margene said...

Thank you for sharing the metamorphisis of the painting. It has a folk art quality to it and I love it!

J C said...

I think it's wonderful. And I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. I would just say nothing. It's wonderful!!! Yes, it does look like folk art. More More please!

Cindy Dean said...

You did a great job Kate. She looks like you.

Anonymous said...

WOW Kate!!! I love the video! How did you do that? I wanta try one day. That's kewl! I have to say this....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KATE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
And many more,
Angela

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Happy Birthday To You Kate!
You have some BD messages
at Violettes!!!

KaiBlue said...

I like the definition you have in her eyes Kate, The colours are wonderful and the sereneness oozes from her.
Liking it. :)

Happy happy birthday to you..
Peace and hugs, Kai xx

patti said...

Hi Kate, I found your link via Olivia.

I have no criticisms to offer - the painting is beautiful and does have a folk artiness to it, which I just love. Really enjoyed seeing your creative process too. The colours you chose are a gentle and feminine background for the strong woman you have painted. Is she you?

Sophie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day.

Your painting is beautiful. No criticism. I think you're just getting better and better with every painting/journal page.

*hugs*
Sophie

violette said...

Happy Birthday Kate! I love your painting.......very folk art like in appearance...a gentleness to her! I'm not sure what kind of critique to give apart from maybe giving a bit more of a contrast under the chin to show the separation?? Other than that she's lovely!

love, violette