Friday, February 08, 2008

Painting Faces

For any of you who are interested in learning to paint faces there is an online class to start soon. Paulette Insall is offering a series of 2 classes, one on backgrounds and one on painting faces. Check out her blog for more details. I am going to take the second class since I know how to do backgrounds already. If this is something you have wanted to learn here is a perfect chance.

I've been in a funk the past couple days. After seeing the Oprah segment on clutter I am back trying to weed things out and streamline my life. Organizing for a mixed media artist is so hard cause you want to keep everything but learning how to manage it all can become a nightmare. I will plod on though and see if I can make any progress.

I signed up to do the Oprah online class with the book The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. She is doing a 10 week online class along with the author. You can sign up at Oprah.com I have started reading the book and it really is incredible. I think the class will be life changing as well. Class starts March 3 but they recommend that you read the book before that. My womens book group is going to do it together.

About all the creativity I have been doing is in organizing and cleaning. I haven't tied up the loom so I haven't gotten to any weaving either. Maybe its time to pull out my journal and play...

6 comments:

KaiBlue said...

LOL..I just finished my entry for the day and we could be twins..lol..
gotta love the signs,
PEace, Kai xx

Olivia said...

I haven't blogged about this, but I saw the show too and whipped through my house decluttering. I loved that show.

I read "A New Earth" and it is all that Oprah says it is. I'm in the class too. It is probably my favorite book ever.

So maybe we all are triplets,

O

xxoo

Janet said...

I signed up for Oprah's class, too! Looks like there will be a lot of familiar faces!!

I'd dearly love to take the face painting class but it's a little out of my price range right now. It looks like just what I need, too! :-(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will be busy!!!
Loads of fun though.Thanks for the wonderful links!
*HUGS*

Olivia said...

I put up an invitation to the new blog on my blog, Kate. Hopefully that will reach even more people who might be interested. xxoo, O

Shop girl said...

I saw the program but didn't sign up....maybe I should.
Mary