Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fantastic Concert

The Barrage Concert was beyond fantastic. The band consisted of 6 on violin, 2 on guitar and a drummer. The fiddlers danced incredibly while they were playing. It was quite incredible. If you ever have a chance to see them perform go for it. You won't regret it. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat.













These are my final pages for the RR book. They are done and off in mail.













I have been working on a painting. I am taking some in progress pictures that I will post when its done. It will be fun to see how much better I get after taking Paulette's class.
















This is after my first session of working on the face. Here you get to see the new easel in use. I love it by the way.

















This was the second session. I want to make the neck bigger, its pretty skinny I think. Do some more work on the hair and the face and the background too. I'll be changing the dress color and more. Yes, needless to say It still needs a lot of work.

7 comments:

Janet said...

I love all the pages in this book. The color is so soothing and just seems peaceful. And your painting looks good, too.

I'm not familiar with that group but will keep my ears open. I enjoy good Celtic music.

Olivia said...

You're so creative, Kate, and tackle many new things. I like your picture and the background too. Keep it up! xxoo, O

KaiBlue said...

I love the very deep thinking features you've captured on your portrait. I love the soothing colours and reflection on her face.
well done,
Peace, KAi

gma said...

Barrage sounds like it was something I'd love...Celtic music touches someplace deep in me. Love watching your painting emerge.
xx

Cindy Dean said...

Great job kate!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Oooh I'd love to see that group, I love Celtic music!
This portrait is good Kate... She looks quite contemplative and calm. I am so looking forward to watching the progress.
I have a table top easel too and I find it is so much easier than setting up my big one.

Anonymous said...

I love Celtic music!

Oh, I can tell she is going
to turn out fantastic Kate!

You are one talented Lady!

Have a Blessed Happy Fun
Creative Healthy Year!!!

Flassie