Sunday, February 10, 2008

A day in the life

My friend Cindy challenged me to show a day in my life. I don't think its that interesting but here goes.














First thing this morning I turned on the computer and checked my mail. With all the One World One Heart Mail I really need to keep on top of it.













I say good morning to my ever faithful dog Flynn.














I stop and take a load of laundry out of the dryer and put more clothes in there so I have something to wear to church.














Then I hop into the shower, all you get to see are my lovely feet....













I look outside and see yes there is still a ton of snow out there.













Time for breakfast, I eating lite since I know there is a potluck at church. Here are the ingredients for my smoothie. Skim milk, a banana and some blueberries.













...And the result hmmm it tasted as yummy as it looks.












Here is what I am taking to the potluck, rhubarb cobbler.













When I get outside the snow is all frosty and looks so pretty.














After church I come back home and get this new bookshelf all put together. Its for my blue and white bedroom.













Then the lack of sleep last night gets to me and I lie down to take a little nap on the couch.













Dave thinks it would be funny to put Flynn's toy on me.. Ha ha.













After a little rest I get up and start making my world famous spaghetti sauce, well not really but I think it tastes pretty awesome. These are my new pans, they look great don't they.













Here is the start of the sauce. I will mix it up in this stock pot and then put it in 2 crock pots to cook overnight. If I cook on the stove I really have to watch it so it doesn't burn, It really is easier in a crock pot but they don't make a crock pot big enough so I use two of them













Then later I spend time watching this, the music has been great. Can someone tell me why Tina Turner never ages.














I also am multitasking by entering some of the many contests for One World One heart. I finish my day making this very long entry.

Ok everyone else its your turn to show a day in your life....

8 comments:

Olivia said...

I enjoyed this, Kate! What a good idea for a blog post! Love, O

Anonymous said...

Great post Kate!!! Love the picture of you with the dog toy on you. Now, you've gotta make some of that food for me. :) Your sauce looks great and you said it was world famous. :) Anyway, I just stopped by to say hey. Wonderful post!!! :)
*HUGS*

Pam Aries said...

Actually..this is really cool. we don't often think of the daily daze we all go through! I think I might take up this challenge..uh...once the OWOH is over, WOW! your Doggie is so cute!

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
thank you for sharing your day with us. It's interesting to see how even simple hours are unique to everyone..
your David is a mischief..lol.

Peace and love, Kai xx

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

nicely done Kate, Enjoyed!

Sheila said...

Interesting day Kate..!
It's nice to know someone has as much snow as us. We are having home made pasta sauce tonight..!

Julie said...

Very interesting and fun post. I don't have a digital camera so can't do it. But my life is way too boring anyway.

Julie

Cindy Dean said...

Love it! I know it seems funny but people are always fascinated at how other people spend their time! I want some of your spaghetti sauce! Yummy!