Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I was involved in black cat swap for Halloween so here is what I got.


















This is from Cheryl who doesn't have a blog as far as I know. She sent some chocolate and some lip gloss too. My cat sits on my mantle piece and looks out on her domain.













Here is the cat that I sent to Pam It is done on a 6 x 6 gallery wrapped canvas. First I painted the canvas in reds and oranges. I drew the cat on plain paper and cut it out of black cardstock. Using it as a base I added decorative scrapbook paper in black and white. Then I added the face with white and silver gel pens. The little bats and ghost were stickers that just appeared out of nowhere. oooh eeee....


















Here is my last drawing for the Big Draw. Its been an amazing month of drawing every day. I don't know if I can stop now. I think thats a good thing. If you enjoyed seeing all the faces you can see the whole group here. Thanks to all of you who visited and commented on my work. You've been wonderful.

Next month I switch over to writing. I posted every day in October and November will be totally different. I will probably post a couple times a week at minimum, maybe more

8 comments:

Janet said...

I love the cat you made!! And I'm sure Pam does, too!

KaiBlue said...

I adore your cat and all the kitties Kate, thanks again for being a fabbie participant!
Let's write Girlfriend!!
peace, Kai

gma said...

Happy Halloween Kate.
I've enjoyed your drawings.
Go girl with NANO!
Couldn't vote early.Wish me luck on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Love your cat painting, Kate. I haven't been commenting often, but I've been watching your drawings all month, and its been fun seeing all your different portraits and how they evolve.
Good luck on NaNo - as you can see I'm still procrastinating, lol.

soulbrush said...

gosh i seem to have missed your stuff altogether, think i visited at the beginning, then the month just took over...looks good and i enjoyed it too.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN kate! Sorry that I'm late! I was away during Halloween. Anyway this is a great post! Thanks for sharing it with us Kate!

Lisa said...

That swap looked like a lot of fun. I saw Janet's cat, too. Your drawings are so amazing, Kate!

Claire said...

hi kate, i love your latest drawing :o) i've yet to attempt faces...
and thanks for your comment and your good wishes :o)
hugs and blessings xxx