Friday, October 03, 2008

Art Journal Class

I am teaching my first Art Journal Class this evening. I had offered it as an auction item at my church a few months ago. I've got 7 people which is a good size for the first time out. I am afraid I will probably overwhelm my poor students. I have so much to share its hard to break it all down to something simple but I will give it my best shot.























My latest drawing. You can see more drawings by checking the list at badfaery's blog Check out the list on her sidebar. There is a whole group of wonderful bloggers who are participating.

6 comments:

Karen Smithey said...

This is great! I haven't worked much with pencils--seems overwhelming.

Good luck with your class--I'll be looking to see how it turns out! Love the idea of offering it in a bazaar...

Olivia said...

Hi, Kate,

I think that your class will be great! If you just relax and be yourself and share your journey and how art journaling has helped you grow, I think people will have a great time and learn a lot. Maybe a few techniques. But I think you're probably trying to get them excited about art journaling as a way for them to be creative and grow. Your personality and enthusiasm (just you being you) will be the best way to do that, I think! Best wishes for a great time, O

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Congratulations on teaching a Art Journaling Class! What a wonderful thing to offer at Auction!
Looking forward to seeing photos of the class. I think it would be so much fun to be there.

God Bless Your Class and You and Yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Your art journal class sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad I found you blog the other day - I'm suddenly back to art for myself again, after way too long! I like your sketch, I love faces.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your class tonight, Kate. I know you'll be fantastic!! I'm loving your faces too.

Kelley

sukipoet said...

Hey you are brave, sharing your enthusiasm, offering back to the world what you love. Is this you just before class?