Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New books

















Here is todays drawing. I am not feeling great today so I decided to get it done early. I think I caught the bug from Sarah this past weekend.














This past week I got these 2 books in the mail and they are both not what I expected. This is a good thing though, they are both better than I thought they would be. This first one has been talked about a lot on blogs. I thought it would be a page a day for the 37 days but it is so much more.















This book I have been waiting for. I hate when you hear about a book but you have to wait till its published.I really like the premise and will be doing more and more self portraits in the coming year. I have learned manynew ideas and techniques and I have been opened up to new artists. That is all a plus. I really like both of these books very much...

4 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

I've been following Patti's blog, the woman who wrote the first book. I also read parts of it on Amazon. It made me cry. Awesome stuff in it...I will get it too.

The second one also looks interesting. Your faces are all great so I can see you doing this. I'd like to try some using fabric.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
sorry you don't feel good sweetie..
I'm pacing about waiting for Danny Gregory's book I pre-ordered for December, my xmas gift to me...
I love your faces, they are very haunting..perfect for the season!
peace, Kai

Janet said...

I pre-ordered that portraits book, too. I haven't had much time to look at it but I think it will be a good one.

sukipoet said...

The books look good, your portraits look good and I hope you start feeling better soon. NO fun to be ill.