Saturday, March 17, 2007

Top of the Morning to You

Happy St. Patricks Day !











Here are pictures of my Irish grandparents James and Brigid. I have another picture of my grandmother but this is the only picture of my grandfather as a young man. I am glad to at least have that.

Top of the morning to you.... and the balance of the day to yourself. That was the greeting between my mother and myself on this day all her life. I sure miss her. My daughter has gone to Butte for their St. Patrick's day festivities. I have heard its pretty wild so I hope that she will be ok.

Finding Water.

Well its week four. I had an artist date at a gallery with a photography exhibit. I have to say I was disappointed. All the pictures were either of the South Fork of the Snake River or Yellowstone. Now someone else would be delighted at the photos but it was like there is nothing new for me. So I was not really inspired.

I have done my morning pages every day. I already carry the small sketchbook everywhere. We were supposed to write a Good night prayer, her is mine. I found it worked well when I remembered it.

Dear Spirit,

I release all the cares and worries of the day.
Take them from me; I can pick them back up in the morning,
Let my sleep be peaceful and calm,
Let me have some real rest. Good Night.


I will spend time in nature today as it is lovely out with no wind. I think I will go feed the ducks and commune with the river.

Well I didn't feed the ducks because there were so many other people doing the same thing. I did sit on the river, I mean on the banks near the river and wrote in my journal, did a few small drawings and enjoyed myself thoroughly. What a beautiful day










This was my view from where I was sitting.










You can see the waterfall better from this view.










And my attempt at taking a picture of myself, not very good.


Quote for the Day: Procrastination is Great; it helps you avoid failure, judgment, growing pains, testing. It also stops you from experiencing fun, success, learning, growth,connection and pride. If you must put something off put off FAILURE, do that tomorrow, get going today.....Danny Gregory

3 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

The Top O' the morning to you Kate, enjoy St Patrick's Day. My father's side of the family are Irish, unfortunately we don't really celebrate the day in England.
Your white board sounds like a good idea, I might try it, it also might be a shock when it shows how much time I idle about in, still sometimes great projects come from idel time.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo happy for ya! That you have those old pictures of family.
I know that old pictures that hold memories mean alot!
I'm sure your daughter will be ok. I hope she will anyhoo!
I have some Irish in me but not much. Top of the mornin' to ya sounds sooo kewl though! To me.... :) I'm strange like that I suppose. Anyhoo, Thank you for sharing! What's your e-mail address? Mine's Contact@angelasartcorner.com write me sometime!

Lisa said...

Happy St. Patrick's day, Kate.