Friday, March 30, 2007

An Owl's nest


















I was too busy to blog yesterday. Having Sarah home is great but there is definetly a dimension added to my day. One of the planned things was to go back to market lake to see this Great Horned Owl's nest. About all you can see is the owls head. We do plan to go back and see if we can see the babies at a later date.


















We also saw this Ross goose. It looks quite like a Snow goose but it is smaller. It was all by its self so it was easy to get a picture of it.

I think I have my charm idea all set. After running to 3 bead store yesterday I now have what I need. I was short a couple beads and thought for sure I could find them locally. I went to craft stores first which was a mistake, I should of headed to the real bead store first instead of last. Anyways I hope to ghet some time to work on them and get them sent out at least by the first of the week.

Sarah goes back to college on Sunday, this time Dave will drive her so I'll skip all that driving. It reminded me of when I was up visiting her. One of the girls on the floor needed to vacuum her rugs. So here is Sarah and 2 other girls and they can't figure out how to turn the vacuum on. Now I swear she has used the vacuum before so I thought this was quite funny. They came and got me and of course I found the switch in a few seconds. I had a laugh at that. The switch was in an odd place and they didn't see it where it was normally at on a vacuum cleaner so they were stumped. Hopefully by the end of their College careers they will be able to think out of the box a little more. I like to think they would have figured it out if I hadn't been there. When I think back on it I do have to laugh.

Quote of the Day: The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep." - Paul Strand

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh When you are done with your charm idea, will you post it? I wanta see!!!

The owl's nest is tooo kewl! Thanks for sharing!
*HUGS*

Pam Aries said...

How Cool! An Owls nest! We hardly ever see them here! THere are a LOT of birds around , though! I am alomost done with my charms..each one is different cause I used my bead supply that I already have on hand!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Wow look at that - I seriously don't think I've ever seen an owl up, close and personal. Our yard is seeing more and more birds now, I love it.
Too funny about the vacuum!
I hope you enjoy making your charms, I didn't do this swap but still can't wait to see the results of it!!
XOXO

Giggles said...

Hi Kate thanks for stopping by on my Anniversary! I love the vacuum story, so sweet. Pepper was just telling me about the baby ducks in a small pond behind our place, she was so excited. I want to go back and get a photo…I love the sounds of all the birds coming back for spring. So much joy….Ross is pretty spectacular too!

Peace Sherrie

gma said...

Wow...that Owls nest is awesome.
Enjoyed your recent pictures and posts....hope your foot is getting better.