Thursday, March 15, 2007

Random Thoughts

I am not sure what to write about today. I met with my friend Kate yesterday for lunch. She had news, she decided to quit her job. She has done the same thing for 17 years, realized it is not what she want so she is getting out. That takes so much courage, I applaud you Kate and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I have been so rushed the last few days I decided to spend the day home, mostly I have just been cleaning the house. It really needed it. Its sunny and warm but still a little windy out today. I keep telling myself just get dressed and go to the Greenbelt and enjoy yourself, its probably not windy there. It makes me wonder about all the times we know we should do something but we do the opposite. In my sharing of my writing goals and fears I have heard from lots of women with the same issues. I want to say "What in the hell is wrong with all of us?" I think my issues are unique only to find there are so many other people out who struggle with the same thing. No I don't have any answers yet but I'll share if I ever do find them. Feel the fear and do it anyways keep popping up in my mind. I try to do that. Oh I was going to write something but I lost my train of thought, I hate when that happens. Oh, the I thought that would make a great visual journal page. Maybe this is how creative insight works all these random things pop in your head. You need to write them down and then take action on them or they fly off to someone else. That's enough philosophy from me today.


Quote for the Day: Follow your bliss and the Universe will open doors for you where there were only walls. - Joseph Campbell

5 comments:

Pam Aries said...

Oh Kate..I know exactly what you mean! I do not knw WHY ...for the life of me... I am not doing what I truly love...why I don't make more art... why I don't QUIT my own job..(hey ..I WAS out of the Market . but now I am right back!...huh?)

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What in the hell is wrong with all of us?"

That's a darn good question?? I DID quit my job and most of the time since was focused on my mom and my artistic and literary side took a back seat. or did I use that as an excuse not to do it out of that fear issue? I need to really and sincerely take stock of things. You are definitely not alone in this.
XOXO

Tinker said...

Thanks for continuing to bring up this topic - no you're not alone! There are many of us out here with these same quandares...and no,I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, lol - except maybe I'm not doing it out of fear - but that's so ridiculous when I think about it - I'm just not sure what exactly I'm afraid OF - what? afraid of the book police coming and telling me it's not good enough? I'll never know what might happen unless I try...
Thanks for keeping up the inspiration.

gma said...

Hi Kate
I quit my job too...but still manage to procastinate following my bliss.
What am I afraid of??? Well some days are better than others.
xo

gma said...

PS That's one good thing about blogging....it keeps us creating.
xo