Monday, March 26, 2007

Some scenes from my trip

Blogger wouldn't load pic yesterday so hopefully today will work out better. Then our internet was down, its always something.














Well when I drove to Montana this time I took the long way. First I got to Jackson. I have been to Jackson Michigan, Jackson, Wyoming and Jackson Montana, There are a lot of other Jacksons in the states maybe I'll make it to more of them one day.




Then I felt I needed some of this. I always thought this was a neat name for a town. It is so small though, just a few buildings and you are done.














I stopped in Victor to go the the Redsun Labyrinth. My friend Patty Meyer owns the place. She has neat little things along the path to the Labyrinth. A sculpture out of twigs and a stone cache as examples.



























Here is the gate to the labyrinth.














This how the Labyrinth looks when you first begin.















I had a really nice walk, I got some good insights on the books I want to write. I really felt that my mom and grandparents were on the walk with me. It was a nice feeling.



















Last night I worked on the hawk picture. This is about done as it can get. I think I will try doing it again on bigger paper. I am not sure why I did this in a watercolor sketchbook it seems a waste of paper. Oh well it was a really good exercise though.

Quote of the Day: "It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula Le Guin