Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One World One Heart











My friend LisaOceandreamer is hosting this worldwide art contest aka give something away in March and I will be participating. Click on her link for more details. I think we are to give our items away on the 21st of March. I guess I should make something and get it posted here. I will get something posted here sometime next week. It started as a Spring celebration but since other parts of the world have different weather the focus changed. The focus is now "One World One Heart". Check it out and maybe you'll want to participate this time. If not I know you will want to enter all the contests people will be having.

Yesterday we almost didn't go out for dinner as the wind had blown drifts into our road and we wondered if we went out would we be able to get back home. So we went out early and got home without any problems. It looks like the wind died down and the snow plow has been through here so I should be able to get to town ok. I have a therapy appointment at 3 and then Ginger is taking me out for a glass of wine for my birthday at 5. We'll meet our other friend Kay at Vina Rosa. That will be a fun.

Weaving;

I don't have a clue why I thought 50 inches time 5 ends per inch = 500. It should be 250. I kept thinking 500 for some reason. I think that I have been in double weave mode way too long. 500 would have been right if I were weaving this blanket in double weave but I am not. I have wound all the skeins of naturally colored wool into balls. Now I have to rethink the planning of the warp.

Thanks to all of you who offered to be my white chocolate connection. I remember who you are and will be emailing you when I need a replacement.

Quote of the Day: "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

3 comments:

KaiBlue said...

Isn't Lisa's idea wonderful..I cant wait to see what you come up with Kate..
I love your quote today :)
Peace, Kai.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I love that idea!!!!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Love the quote Kate and I am so happy you will be a ONE World-ONE HeART participant!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa