Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Sunday

Its Super Bowl Sunday here in the US. I hardly watch football anymore but I always watch the superbowl, especially for the commercials. Since I am from the Midwest I guess I'll be rooting for the Bears.














Last night we went to a Beach Party at my church. The hall was decorated Caribbean looking. Some of us wore shorts and other summer gear. There was lots of good food and a band. We had smoothies, a chocolate fountain and great finger foods. Although my back still hurts all the time I managed to dance most of the night. It was really fun. It was like being at a wedding but there was no bride and groom. We had a limbo contest along with contests for the best hawaian shirts and craziest shoes. It was fun socializing with people that I normally don't. The kids dancing were the most fun to watch. First is a pic of my friends Molly and Rae.















This is our minister Lyn. She is really a lot of fun. She just came here from Massachusetts and is a lot of fun. I am just getting to know her and she's great. Crazy hat huh!














The chocolate fountain was the most popular place. My favorite thing to dip in it was a piece of fresh pineapple. Yummmm


I wove some more on the blanket but I am still not finished. I don't know why the last section seems to take so long but it does. I will wind a whole section of bobbins thinking that should be enough but I end up doing again and again so my judgement seems off a little.















I have been playing in the art studio with valentines and stamp and ink and such. There is nothing final yet to post. It takes me awhile to get confident artistically again. I do have a total mess down there so I am sure some work of wonder will emerge. This is the chaos on my desk.

Don't forget to enter the contest, all you need to do is comment on the blog or send me an email.

Quote of the Day: Living is an artform of not being sure, not knowing whats next or how... The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong but we take leap after leap in the dark. - Agnes De Mille

11 comments:

Tinker said...

What a fun party - you got me with that chocolate fountain - yum!! Good times. What a fun minister you have. Love her hat - speaking of hats, I'd love to put my! name in the hat for your drawing. Thanks!

Miss Robyn said...

Hi Kate ! thanks for stopping by AND commenting - I appreciate it so much.
I noticed you say in your profile that you have a border collie. We had one years ago - her name was Sydney - they are just the most gorgeous dog!
please stop by again, I love to get to know people xo
chocolate fountains! love them - love chocolate, anything chocolate.... I am planning another chocolate swap this year!

Tan said...

I was in IF on Friday but no time to call you. I realize I can get Kate-dyed wool in Salt Lake but . . .

Pam Aries said...

Chocolate! Yum! THe party looks FUN! Glad you danced! hee hee! Did I put my name in the hat already?//

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

That sounds like so much fun Kate...especially on a cold winters day. You're a real trooper...dancin' through the pain!!! and hello? a chocolate fountain? oooho la la!
XOXO

Giggles said...

Hi Kate thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely compliment! Sounds like a jolly celebration, wish I was there!! I have a few friends who would love a swim in that fountain of chocolate!!!

Peace and giggles Sherrie

KaiBlue said...

What a lovely sharing idea. Creating for otherS AND SHARING IS A LOVELY GIFT!!!
Peace, Kai.

JoyceAnn said...

Great idea for the dead of winter.
Looks like everyone's having fun.

Sign me up for the valentine's giveaway.

Hope you're feeling better.

J C said...

I think I would have been standing by the Chocolate Fountain all evening. What is it about that little brown bean that has us all captivated?

J C said...

I think I would have been standing by the Chocolate Fountain all evening. What is it about that little brown bean that has us all captivated?

J C said...

I think I would have been standing by the Chocolate Fountain all evening. What is it about that little brown bean that has us all captivated?