Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Beautiful Day

The wind is howling outside but its still a beautiful day. Sometimes I am amazed just how beautiful a day can be if we take the time to appreciate it.














This is a picture out my front window. You can see that beautiful blue sky and a few clouds then the rolling potato fields and then the mountains in the distance.















Here is my shadow, Eowyn, she follows me everywhere. She can actually be a pest in the studio though. She likes to walk all over every surface and rubs against anything tall so of course she knocks things over. She hasn't been covered in glitter yet but if she keeps it up she is bound to sooner or later. I was going to take some pics of my dog Flynn but he is outside running around enjoying himself so I don't want to spoil that.
















I found this on this at Every Life Has a Story They could be used in journal pages and whatever else. You can make one here I made just a list of tasks but you can do anything you like. It is like the old card for books in the card catalog in libraries.

Todays quote is dedicated to Kai whose friendship really means the world to me. Yes, I have been getting lots of email from everyone helping me celebrate in this birth month of mine, thanks to you.

Quote of the Day: There is no wilderness like a life without friends; friendship multiplies blessings and minimizes misfortunes; it is a unique remedy against adversity, and soothes the soul. - Baltasar Gracian

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Greetings from North Yorkshire, UK!
Just up the road from Daisy!

Dx

KaiBlue said...

I love Eowyn, she looks very serene in her picture..a huggy bunny kitty?
I have some library index cards still to ARt up..This does look like one..I love the last **TASK**, 50% off at Michaels..I can relate!!

Oh, and incase you forgot.. This months your birthday and the glitter sis's Know :P (teehee, I get an instigating penalty)

The quote is special..I printed it out, thankyou!!

((hugs)) and happy pre-birthday!!
Peace, Kai.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I will check out that link, I should do these task cards but frankly it would say 2 things:
finish cleaning and organizing studio and DO art!
You are a wonderful soul Kate and I am so glad Kai is reminding all of the glorious upcoming day - a celebration of your birth!!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Forgot to mention how beautiful Eowyn is, she reminds me a bit of Miss Daisy who also is a "studio assistant". AND oh the view you have each day - I long for a view that is open wide or at least a few trees. I may just stay a bit and look out your window some more.
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

gma said...

Your view is awesome...Love wide open spaces!Very spiritual!!!

J C said...

Great pic Kate. I'm sorry, but I must have been lost in cyberspace somewhere. I didn't realize you are writing a book. What is it about?