Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 11

















A little drawing for day 11 on this journal journey. I started this in graphite pencil and then added colored pencil. I usually do these when I am drawing in church. I ended up using grey for the hair and then I didn't like that so added this brown. It actually looks better in person.

Its been a weird day, feeling up and down winding up taking a nap and felt renewed. This winter has been strange as I am finding the lack of sun depressing. I have never been one of those people who had problems with the lack of sun in winter but I seem to be this year. i am not sure what to do about it but try to get in the light more often and take it easy on myself when I am feeling down.

I signed up for a photography class that starts on Wednesday. Its at our local college and they have a reputation for not filling classes and so they cancel. I am hoping that doesn't happen this time. I really want to learn how to use this camera and this class is the best way for me.

2 comments:

Zorana said...

She has such a soft expression. I looked at your avatar and saw that you have a soft expression too. We had so much sun yesterday that I wish I could have sent you some. Interestingly enough - I was feeling the same way you did. Actually, I thought it might be because the weather changed and it was suddenly warm. Who knows... Art is a great therapy for 'down' feelings. Let's create some more. xo

Pam Aries said...

you are being so good creating every day! I hope you get t otake the photog class! I was wishing I had $$ to take some classes around here while I'm not working...but I am doing my art journal.