Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13



















Here is today's journal page. Not quite orange but I didn't know what the color for the day was. My lady was done using Shiva paintsticks and Golden fluid acrylics. I liked doing her although I had some smearing problems. I like use the stablio marks all pencil for drawing but once it gets paint near it smears. I may have to go back to regular graphite. I think I would have tweaked her a little more if I had the time. I think perhaps the flower in her hair is too big. I tried several new colors this time and had fun blending and looking for the right shade and so on. One thing this exercise does for me is make me practice mixing colors and that is something I really need to gain more experience with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her flower. Like the colors she is done in also. Love Hugs and Blessings

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to try the Shiva paintsticks, and now that I've seen your beautiful painting, I really want to try them. The flower looks beautiful to me - my daughter wears flowers in her hair and the sizes of her flowers are very similar to the one in your painting!

Lynn Cohen said...

Do you paint directly with the paintsticks or do you make them into a wash of color and use a brush to do the actual painting?
Lovely painting.

Pam Aries said...

This is my favorite girl you have painted so far!

Julie said...

I like her expression - very enigmatic. And (at least on my screen) the color looks very burnt sienna-ish, which I love.