Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring is back

The sun is out again and Spring is back, yippee and my computer is working again. Last week I made these earrings. Some are gifts and some will become gifts at a later date. I had fun making them. I am trying to use up some of the beads I have.

As to my decision on workshops at this point I decided to make no decision at all. I will just wait and see what happens.

Today I have been on the health mission. I need to start eating better so it was off to stock up on fruits and vegetables and to start thinking about what new things I can eat or make. Its a lifestyle change of sorts, you know where you choose to eat an apple instead of ice cream. Hard to do but worth it in the long run.

Yesterday we went to Market Lake to check on the Owl, still no sign of the Branchlings which is what baby Great Horned Owls are called. Great Horned Owls do not make their own nests. They steal an old one, in this case its a Magpie nest. You also need to be careful too, you don't want to disturb her or she will abandon the nest. I am hoping we'll get to see the babies soon.



















On the way back home we stopped in Roberts, it is this little dinky town and I have always been enthralled by this.















I can just picture bandits on horseback pulling up to this bank to rob it. All was quiet this day though so I decided to take a picture.


Quote of the day:"Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best." ~Henry Van Dyke

3 comments:

Giggles said...

Beautiful earrings Kate...and how exciting about the owl. I bet you can't wait!!! I'm with you on that health mission....I heard one doctor say to eat 7 different colors a day!!! Thats a great way to think of it!

Peace Giggles!

Leah said...

o my goodness, that owl is gorgeous!!

love the earrings too!

Anonymous said...

Changing your lifestyle is sooo hard sometimes. Eating differently then you are used to is a CHALLENGE! I know I used to be overweight..... I eat differently now but I used to have a can of Ravioli for a snack. heheheheehee

Thanks sooo much for the birthday card Kate! You made it didn't you? It's beautiful, I will hold it close for people usually don't take the time to make things for me like that. THANKS! :)

*HUGS*