Friday, April 20, 2007

Some Answers

This morning when I woke up I decided it was time for some answers, I was tired of feeling miserable. I called and made a Dr. appointment. I have really been feeling lousy all week and to be honest for some time. Turns out I have acid reflux disease, so I have meds to try for that. In addition no more eating on the couch. I need to eat sitting up, stay away from spicy foods and not eat 2 hours before bed. I am also allergic to something so the coughing and post nasal drip at night are from that. I got some kind of spray to help out there. It was suggested that my feet are swelling due to a lack of water so I will try to increase my water intake. All these problems that have nothing to do with my back. I feel like a wreck. At least now I have something to work with. So I feel good about that.

Right now I am sitting at my desk eating a Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie. Ahh comfort food is the best.

In the mail today I got the soldering tool I ordered and a package from my sister. Its a handwoven shawl. I will take some pics of it and show it tomorrow. What a delightful surprise that was. I have a friend who is giving me some microscope slides to play with. Once I get those and some time I will start playing with the solder. I'll post result here for sure.

I still can't figure out what is wrong with the loom. Oh I know what doesn't work I just don't know how to fix it. I may have to get the engineer husband working on it. Meanwhile no weaving can be accomplished so that is very frustrating.

There is a drum circle for Earth Day at Church tonight and I do plan to go. It should be a fun time. I really like drumming and should really do it more often, so I do like to take the opportunity to do so. The last few months I have been out of town on the dates it is done.

Good news... Sarah got an apartment for next year. She signed up late and hadn't made a dorm reservation as a back up. We really didn't want her ending up in the Party dorm, way on the other side of campus. These are University owned apartments, so she will still get her housing scholarship. If she moved into other housing she would lose 1000.00 and thats a lot for a kid to make up. She has to pay for the apartment year round but it should be cheaper that the dorm was. She'll be on to another adventure.

Quote for the Day: "Art becomes a spiritual process depending upon the degree of commitment that you bring to it. Every experience becomes direct food for your art. Then your art teaches you about life. - Nick Bantock

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling bad. I'm glad they were able to clear up a couple of things.

It's good to hear that Sarah got her housing the way she wanted it. All of that stuff can get so complicated.

That Pammie! Her card is really great. It's good to see her doing lots of art again.


Hope your back feels better soon. After I read Wayne Dyer's book "Your Sacred Self" (or maybe it was "There's a Spiritual Solution for Every Problem"), I did something he talked about and every time my hip started to hurt, I'd say "I don't do pain" and keep on going. It has not hurt since except for a tiny twinge if I sit in one position too long and then I just say it again and go on. I'm amazed every time it works.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate, I hope your health improves as the summers light bathes you in warmth and healing.
find solace in the drum circle and wish the Earth a happy day.
...and drink a good cuppa tea, it cures most things. :)
Peace n blessings, Kai.

J C said...

Ah Kate, been there done that with that acid reflux. But if you do what the doc says and take your meds, it can go away! Such a relief when it does. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Water is good for you! :) Sounds like you are going through alot!
You should ask your doctor about Folic Acid, I'm not sure what it does but with other medications.. I think there is a possibility that you may need to take it. Not sure though....so you should ask your doctor. Ohhh there is a cream to that I use for muscle and joint pains...Tiger Balm....look it up... it's good for all kinds of pains. It really helps with headaches. You can put some on your first fingers and massage your head where your forhead it..Just a small amount though. They have it in different strangths I believe too......just a suggestion. :) Thank you for the birthday gifts!
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Sorry your are feeling bad. Hope the meds help. Girl that soldering is addictive. Take my word for. But I love doing it.