Friday, April 06, 2007

Meet Jack














This here is Mr. Union T. Jack who arrived on my doorstop yesterday. He came from Cowes on the Isle of Wight The lovely miss Kai sent him as a birthday gift. Isn't he the cutest thing. I decided Jack will be my travel bear, he get s to go on all my trips from here on,














Kai also sent me a piece of Cornwall, a rock and some shells, they'll be going on my altar with other treasures. Kai, you are the best.











We went to see if we could see the Owl babies but they were too hidden. You don't want to get too close and disturb the mother so we are very cautious about that. I did see these though. They are a pair of Sandhill Cranes, quite a majestic bird.

Thanks for all your wonderful wishes I am feeling so much better now. You know I have been getting birthday greetings for over a month now and its pretty awesome. In addition to getting the presents from my sister and Kai, I got my Kitchen Aid mixer this week too. Plus we had ordered new silverware and it arrived. You know I could get used to getting gifts all the time. I have been able to manifest quite a few things that I have been wanting to have.

Now I am thinking of the garden and manifesting a beautiful space. I was going to get some teenagers who need to do a service project done to get the rocks out of the space but then Dave said he'd do it. Sometimes he surprises me. Now I want to measure it again (I misplaced the info from the last time) and do a diagram and decide what plants will actually work in the space. It has a large shade area so I am not sure what will grow in there. I thought I would put a bench there and maybe a small table but still want some plants too. I am looking at it from the end as the secret suggests. I am seeing myself sitting in this awesome space just enjoying the beauty.

Quote of the Day: "In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful." - Abram L. Urban

8 comments:

Pam Aries said...

Oh Dear KATE! I hope you are feeling better! I somehow got behind in blogging ! I love your little bear! I still have something for your birthday! And Lisa's too! I am terrible! I can;t wait to see your garden!.. Stop by my blog...I am 'Doing the Charleston!'

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Jack is sooo cute! WONDERFUL POST! I love the shells!
I totally forgot it was your birthday because of recent events. I will send you an e-mail with more details. Anyhoo....
Have a very happy Easter girly!
*HUGS*

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
glad you like the Teddy and I hope you and Jack have lots of fun on your travels together :)
The stone reminded me of a heart..Love from Cornwall :)
Peace n hugs xx Kai.

Gill said...

Katiebird
Thanks for posting your gorgeous birthday treasures!!! Kitchen Aids are the best, they make wicked mashed potatoes. Try it, you'll love drinking them from a straw! LOL
Your Kai shells are great, and the bear is sweet too, bears in sweaters make me swoon!
xo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Oh what a treasure Jack is - he will make a fabulous traveling companion! The rock and shells are treasures too, the rock DOES look heart shape.That Kai is SO thoughtful. I love my beach box from her.
Ah the lingering birthday - there is more to come.REALLY!
KitchenAid mixers are great, I gave my old one to my SIL and then a year later got a new one at a sale because it was a discontinued color.
You deserve the perfect garden, it's good you are visualizing it complete.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Jack is adorable. He looks like the perfect traveleing companion!

Daisy Lupin said...

That pair of Sandhill Cranes are truly magnificent birds elegantly picking their way along. If you have a shady area and want some foliage plants as well as flowers I always go for hostas, there are so many different patterns and colours of green in them. Glad that you are feeling better.

S.M. Robertson said...

Jack is cute. :D