Sunday, April 08, 2007

The New me vs the Old me

Happy Easter

Its almost 4 pm and the sun is finally coming out. We had a lousy morning the weather was overcast, threatening rain and extremely windy but things look lovely now.

I just spent an hour talking on the phone to my sister Peggy and that was so much fun. Being far away is hard sometimes, but this call was great. It was almost like we were in the room together. She has this new concept that I want to share. I call it the new me and the old me. Her analogy was this, she'd be out to dinner and what she would normally order is the open faced roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, now today she thought what would the new me order and she had salmon and a
salad. She is trying to make changes and its easier when she thinks of it this way

I just saw this parallel in my life. One of my weaknesses is ice cream. I can eat a half a gallon in a couple days easily. One of the additions to the Fiesta Ware I bought recently is the fruit bowl. Its this tiny little bowl, that Dave likes cause he can have a snack in it and he hasn't eaten too much. First we just had 2 of them but now we have 8 and I have started using them too. Instead of the regular bowl for ice cream I now use these little fruit bowls, now I don't eat as much and I get the same satisfaction. Another thing is that the ice cream lasts a lot longer in my house. It reminded me of the old new me idea. The old me would fill the other bowl and chow down on a lot of ice cream but the new me chooses the smaller bowl and is just as happy. I think I am going to transfer this to other parts of my life. It seems like a simple way to start to make changes that you want to but never seem to.















Look at the size difference in these bowls.

I spent last night working on my taxes. I use Turbo tax so its not too bad. I am concerned since my refund is turning out to be twice as much as last year so I may have done something wrong. I will have to go through it again and see what mistake I could have been made.

Quote of the Day: "If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." - Mary Engelbreit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the weather is behaving itself.
I know what long distance calls are like. Actually it's not the long distance calls...that's that matter...it's just the having to be away from your family part. That always tears me up.
Ohhh one of my weaknesses is ice cream tooo! Anyhoo...I better be off... WOOOO HOOO I have a new friend! Sorry..that keeps on going through my head whenever I come to visit your blog. LOLOL
*HUGS*