Thursday, April 19, 2007

Gifts from Charleston

I got this wonderful piece of art from my friend Pam, celebrating her town Charleston. Its her birthday today so send Pam a greeting.



















This is the front of the card.

















Here is the inside. The back had a printed history of Charleston on it and she also included a recipe for Huguenot torte and a map of Charleston too. What fun,

Weaving Update:

The loom fix I thought I had made fell apart so now I have to do a whole slew of things to it before I can weave again. It is annoying to no end but hopefully things will be right after this.

I am fixing up the bedroom downstairs, my idea is for a cottage look. I have bought paint called Spring Waterfall, its a lovely shade of light blue. I bought a white headboard for the bed and will get a white nightstand. So things will definetly be blue and white. I have some blue and white striped seersucker that I might make curtains out of. I would like to add sea motif's or a painting or two on the theme later. Or maybe I will take the leap and paint something myself. I think it will be great when its finished.

Next week I go to Maryland for a weekend at the beach with 2 internet friends, Nancy and Julie whom I have not met. I will drive up to Salt Lake City on Wednesday and spend the night and then take a plane early Thursday morning. I have never gone anywhere for a weekend like this before so it shall be a fun adventure. It will be fantastic to see the Ocean again.

Quote of the Day: "I'm not old enough to play baseball or football. I'm not eight yet. My mom told me when you start baseball, you aren't going to be able to run that fast because you had an operation. I told Mom I wouldn't need to run that fast. When I play baseball, I'll just hit them out of the park. Then I'll be able to walk. "

~Edward J. McGrath, Jr., "An Exceptional View of Life," quoted in Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen, 1993

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam has made a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us!
I think that making curtains would be fab.! PLEASE PLEASE take pictures when your done! I can't wait to see!
*HUGS*