Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Schedule Continues

My schedule worked pretty good and no I did not manage to be in the art room for only an hour, just what was I thinking! I managed to do a little of everything on the list. So that really felt good.

Today Schedule:

7:00 - woke early to a sore neck, trying to wake up
7:30-8:00 Write Morning Pages
8:00- 9:00 email, blog etc
9:00-9:30 get dressed, eat
9:30-12:30 go to Spinning group at Celestes
12:30-1:30 lunch
1:30-3:30 DO SOME ART
3:30-4:00 Check mail
4:00-6:00 dinner and misc
6:00-8:00 weave
8:00-10:00 read, work on revision

Thats a start, we'll see how I do on this one.

I made 3 birthday cards yesterday and was quite pleased with myself. Those who don't have birthdays in April can look here. That means Anna, Pam and Angela, I am sorry but you'll will have to wait. I got a start on the items I am going to put in the cards. I needed more supplies so I made a stop at Roberts when I was in town. They tempted me with a 50% off coupon so I got a new jewelry tool while I was there. These are for wire work, I can't remember what they are called but I have never seen them before. One arm of the pliers has 3 different sizes to make loops or spirals with. I have all the basic tools but am now adding to my collection some more specialized pieces. I saw a tool thats a jump ring maker, it had 3 sizes that you could make with it. I guess I will put that on my list. Then there was a pair of bent nosed pliers I am not sure what you use them for but I think they might come in handy to hold pieces while you are trying to work on them.

I got started weaving on the blanket, I hope to have a picture tomorrow as there is not much to see yet. I couldn't believe that I could weave 3" and not see a mistake. I had a 2 threading errors but it was easy to fix, it was the weaving of the seven thread back in the cloth that was not fun. I am glad I got started on this. Sometimes for me the challenge is just to get started.

Quote of the Day: "Keep your heart open to dreams.
For as long as there's a dream, there is hope,
and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living." - anonymous

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugggg...that schedule sooo sounds farmilar. Although at times, I tend to throw in a difference here and there.... Not often though. Anyhoo, I just wanted to stop by and say HEY, see what you were up to and what I may have missed. Hope all is well with you. :)
*HUGS*

KaiBlue said...

Im glad you got thru your plan for the day, they are simple tasks, but give purpose to the day..least thats how I look at my to do lists..lol..
LOVe the cards.. :)
Peace, KAi

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Those cards are beautiful Kate!
So you're doing more jewelry? I love my earrings and wear them proudly! I hope you'll show things as you make them.
As for the schedule, I am so glad it's working for you. I don't do well with schedules and yet I probably should just to be a bit more disciplined.
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

Gill said...

I agree, let's see some of these gems youre making Kate!
I need a schedule. Life would be easier I think.
xo

Lisa said...

Looking forward to seeing your jewelry. Lucky birthday girls...oooooh wait til you see!