Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rejuvenation

I just love how a change in thoughts can change ones life. Last night after an incredible episode of Heroes I tried to weave after advancing the warp I lost the shed again. I really do not know what is going on with this loom. I had planned on weaving all day but have not even tackled it at all.

I have been dealing with this acid reflux thing. I definetly have seen a decline in all the burping but my stomach hurts most of the time. Recommendations were to eat small meals, to stay away from spicy foods. I think I need to go really low fat too. Also my feet are swelling up, I am not drinking enough water since I am too sick to my stomach to want to eat or drink. Its sort of a vicious cycle. I leave for this trip tomorrow and I don't even want to get out of bed. Well that was last night, this morning when I woke up things were the same if not worse and thats when despondancy seems to set in for me. I felt so crappy I just want to crawl in a hole and never come out again.

It is at this point that I get on the computer and I see a note by LisaFroggy and oh that changed everything. Thanks Lisa for posting about the commentary on the Secret Video. I went to watch it right away, at first I could not find it, but it is in the settings section. It was a conversation with Rhonda Byrne and another producer. Its like one long interview. It took me back and made me realize what I have been doing to myself. If I don't start seeing myself as healthy I never will be. I don't know why I need to be constantly reminded of this but I do. I only listened to about half of the commentary and everything changed for me. I now know for certain that the trip is really going to be one of healing for me on several levels. I know when I get back I will discover whats wrong with the loom and be able to finish the project on time. I have let go of all those expectations and now I can enjoy the day, get ready for my trip and go and have a fantastic time. Isn't it wonderful!

Workshop News

Now the good news, you know I was disappointed at not getting into the Writers Spa and then there were a couple other offerings I was interested in but I couldn't make up my mind. I remember saying to myself why can't there be a workshop closer. I had decided to just wait and see. Well one did come to my attention but it has nothing to do with writing, but it does have a lot to do with Art. I really want to go to this one. Its held in Utah which is really close for me, just a 4 hour drive. Its an art retreat called the Artnest. Its held in June and the following artists will each teach a one day class. Misty Mawn teaches Spontaneous Art. Sally Jean Alexander teaches a Gothic pendant and Kristin Steiner teaches I am a woman who(a fabric book). To say that I am just a little excited about meeting and taking a class from Misty Mawn would be an understatement. Then I looked at her class list and thought, oh wow this is going to be serious I wonder if I am up to this challenge. Then I thought you have to jump out of the box and explore, this is what you want. So feel the fear and do it anyways. So yes I am planning on going. As soon as they send a registration form my check will be in the mail.


Quote of the Day:"My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment." -Oprah Winfrey

4 comments:

KaiBlue said...

thankyou again Kate for sending me all the bits about Heroes.. wasn't last nights episode kewl? I can wait to see the *future* one next week.

Im glad you will be goign to the art retreat, I have a calendar filling up rapidly over the summer, mostly with concerts and camping..Maybe i can sneak an art thing in there somewhere!
PEace, Kai.

Sue Seibert said...

Good for you, Kate!

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO! I hope that you have a wonderful time Kate!
*HUGS*

Lisa said...

I hope you're having an awesome time right now! I'm so glad the commentary made you feel better. I have to be reminded constantly too. I think that's normal in the beginning and then eventually it will become habit. That's my hope anyway. I'm really happy for you finding the Artnest. That sounds really cool and so close!
Love the Oprah quote.