Monday, April 02, 2007

No Strawberries

For weeks now there have been strawberries in the store. Tonight I am hosting my womens group and I thought oh I will pick up some things for strawberry shortcake. There is not a strawberry to be found. I hate when that happens. I really don't have time to make anything. So it will be chips, salsa. guacamole, cheese and crackers. It will have to do. My friend Ginger will bring the wine. We'll still have fun.

The package came from my sisters, my birthday presents. Peggy made me a felted bag, it has beads all over it and charms too.














Marianne sent this little bag, I think my Medicine cards will fit in there nicely.
She also sent me a deck to make my own tarot. They are really nice cards trimmed in gold.




































I have no idea when I will get around to that but at least I have the cards to begin.


Quote of the Day: I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
-Diane Ackerman

8 comments:

Olivia said...

Two beautiful bags, Kate. What a great idea for cards---I collect them, but never thought of a pretty bag to keep them in!

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO! What wonderful birthday presents!
*Sings Happy Birthday too youuuuu*

Ohhh I can't leave out...AND MANYYYYY MOREEEEEEEEE!
*Smiles and Hugs*

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What fabulous gifts you received Kate!! That felt bag is amazing and fun.
Forgive my stupidity but what are Medicine cards?
XOXO

Tan said...

What cute bags! Your sisters are real winners (and so are you)

J C said...

oh gosh, we have so many strawberries here! Of course, I live right across the bridge from the strawberry fields. Where did she get those blank Tarot cards? I would love to have some.

KaiBlue said...

Little treasures shared from the heart.. You are lucky indeed Kate..
Now I have a craving for some fresh berries and cream!!
:)PEace, Kai.

Sue Simpson said...

What fantastic bags....and in my favourite colours too!
What a wonderful pressent!
Love Sue xxx

Lisa said...

Oh that quote was my "Wisdom for the Journey" from Kaleidosoul one day this week, too. I like it. Love, love, love the bags you got!

It sounds like a fun time, even without the strawberries.