Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snow

I woke up this morning to 4" of snow. That meant I could not go to my knitting group, its too hard with crutches in the snow. Here is a pic out my front window. It actually looked quite pretty.


snow Posted by Picasa

Down in the basement I found some old sheets of drawing paper from when I had taken classes years ago. They had gotten water damaged, or at least part of the pages had. I decide to cut them down and make journals out of the paper. I got those cut up and then found this scrap of cardstock while cleaning up. I was going to toss it when I thought, I should make a book mark out of it. I thought I would end up stamping on it but added japanese paper and ribbon and more. I think its nice, almost too good to be a bookmark. Now I am all set to make those ATC's. Check it out. The pic is a little blurry, sorry about that.


bookmark Posted by Picasa


I moved my computer back to the desk so I can start scanning my Grandparents letters again. I can do that while I write here or read my mail. I think that is a good solution. I had hoped to have them done long ago.

Yesterday Sarah and I went to Dillards to look for a dress for her Commencement Dance. She had liked a white one but the ended up having similar ones in blue and maroon. We ended up with the blue one. It has spaghetti straps, a swirl of sheer fabric at the bodice and a shimmery overskirt. The back has flowing pieces of fabric that she thinks look like wings if she pulls them out. She looks quite nice in it. Now I guess we need new shoes and more. We still have not had pictures taken or announcements printed so we need to start getting that done now. Commencement is in May and that is not that far off. Wow time sure has flown this year.

No comments: