Thursday, March 16, 2006

Just another Day

I didn't get to sleep until about 3:45 So I ended up sleeping till noon. Since it is only 3 pm I have not done much today at all. Spent time reading blogs and email and scanning letters. I am on my 6th now so that is good progress. For those of you new to my blog. These are love letters that my grandparents wrote to each other from 1901-1910. At times she was in the US and he in England or sometimes she was in Ireland. Very rarely were they together.It wasn't until 1910 that they married and immigrated to the US. I am scanning them into PDF's to share with my cousin Norah and others. Someday I hope to write a book about them. There are over 200 letters.

Oh the UPS driver is here, I wonder what it is. Oh my knitting book on Viking patterns just came, oh fun. This book satisfies several interests at once, Of course first there is knitting the second is architecture and ancient cultures. The author Elsebeth Lavold has taken the patterns seen on ancient ruins and so forth and coverted them into cabled patterns for knitting. I really want to make the sweater on the cover. I will post a pic later since my scanner is flipping out right now. I hate when equipment doesn't work.

No comments: