Sunday, February 22, 2009

My broken toe

I haven't posted in afew days. No real excuses just have not felt like it. I need to post for the 12 secrets group an more but I think I will wait till I am inspired.

Having 2 cats a dog and a new kitten in the house has been challenging to say the least. I've dealt with fighting cats all week. Early I got attacked by one of them and the scratches on my neck are a reminder. I just put them outside when they fight but its getting old. Last night one tripped me when I was coming up the stairs and I did something to my big toe. Sure feels like its broke and they can't do anything for toes so I live with it. I was using the cane earlier but now I am on my own. Its just pretty painful when I put any pressure on it. There went all my plans for the day. I am just sitting so I could be doing Art but my hearts just not in it today. Maybe tomorrow things will look up.

My Writers group met yesterday and I have to say it was one of our best meetings yet. We did timed writings and then read our work. What a varied group we are, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. We have some writers who do humor really well.

Dave wanted to show me a truck he is thinking about getting., So I ask what color, he says a light green. So I think I wonder what color it really is. He is color blind so its always interesting to find out what color he thinks things are. Yes of course the truck was not light green it was beige. He is so funny sometimes.

I got my book back from the Round Robin I participated in last year and it was well worth the wait. It is truly amazing. I will have to make a video about it soon. There are too many pages to do pictures of but I think a video will be easier too.

Ps. In the next few weeks I will be revamping the blog, so if I have removed your link its not personal so don't be offended I am just trying to come up with a new look.

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Gosh, Kate, I sure hope you feel better. Mobility is a big deal. Being able to get around and to not be in pain. Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest as much as possible. I too hope tomorrow is better. xxoo, O

Tan said...

Sorry about your toe. Can you wrap your foot so the toe is less able to move and be banged around?

Janet said...

I hope your toe isn't broken. It's just no fun being hampered by an injury. My cats don't fight much but they do love to get right in front of me when I'm walking.... and then they stop! I've almost tripped over them so many times.

Zorana said...

So sorry about your toe. My toe was hurt once and I still remember how painful it was. You really should try not to move much and make some art. That will help. How about a journal pages about the cats and the dog?

Sheila said...

Kate I do hope your toe is not broken. I know how painful that is.
I was always tripping over my cats.
Silly animals you'd think they would learn.
I'm more concerned with the cat scratch you got. Watch it carefully as they can turn nasty.
hugs
xx