Friday, February 13, 2009

CED - some sketches and a painted face




















My entries for Creative Every Day this week. the first was done in a moleskine journal.




















... the second an artist sketchbook. I have been looking to try new poses so I have been using paintings of other artists as inspiration.




















... and this one I did using some of Sharons work as inspiration. I am trying to do the 2 women she did as friends as more a mother and daughter look. I find it hard to show age on a face. Do you think one looks younger? I think I will do another sketch and try to have the mother have her arm around the daughter.




















I decided to paint another face in my journal
trying out a new fluid color for the background. for a shade of purple I think it is more magenta like.














and a picture of the kitten for my daughter.

5 comments:

elle said...

i paint and have recently decided to show my art work. any advice on how to get started to be able to sell art?

please visit: http://ellestakeonlife.blogspot.com

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate..
You're getting a pretty unique style with the faces :) I like..
PEace, Kai

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Thank you Kate, You always make me smile when you say that I have inspired you. It warms my heart. It is great that you manage to sketch every day because you are developing not only the technique but "your style". And I do think you captured older/younger in your sketch. It has to do with facial proportions. The one you painted is great. Did yo like the liquid color?

J C said...

Kate, the smaller one did look younger, and I thought "mother/daughter" even before I read the post. You're doing good! xoxoxo

Leah said...

Great work, Kate! Something in the top one reminds me of your face.

And, oh, the kitten. too cute!!