Monday, February 23, 2009

Secret #7 Consulting with Guides

Its time I wrote for the 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women book group. This weeks chapter was all about consulting with guides. I have created several circles of guides for myself. First the Glitter Sisters are a group of woman I met at Violette's message board. We have shared so much together and last year we created a retreat in Sedona, Arizona where we could all meet. It was a wonderful meeting of Artistic Souls that continues to this day.

I have connected with other women by just visiting their blogs and having a dialogue with them through comments and emails. I have been encouraged by others comments on my work and by seeing what they do online. Its nourished me in many ways. The bloggers who host events like drawing for a month or how to be brave or journaling for a month or creating every day have offered me opportunities for growth and community. I thank them for their efforts.

I have fewer local sources but there are still a couple women I regularly consult on ideas and plans for creative pursuits. I don't think I could continue to create without the support of other women who are artists and writers.

I truly believe in passing it on. A friend mentioned that if they could draw doing Art journal pages would be more fun. so I offered to teach them to draw. I will be passing on a little of what I know this week. I also like to share on my blog and in videos I have made. I feel sharing what supplies and tools I have used and my process of creating will help someone else.

7 comments:

D said...

I believe in passing it on as well. It feels so good to be able to help someone else and see their growth as a result.

gma said...

Can you believe it's been almost a year since Sedona? It was honestly a defining moment meeting everyone.
love
x

Shopgirl said...

How is your toe tonight? My Mother always said there isn't much you can do for a broken toe...Ouch!
I am so behind in my comments. So I went back and read and looked at what you have been doing..WOW! you have been a busy girl.
You are so sweet to share
things that you have learned. I have nothing to share. It's kinda like this...everything I know I learned from the wonderful ladies I blog with...it has been a real adventure.
Take care of that toe, Hugs, Mary

Cynthia said...

wow! so weird that I take Sedona for granted. It is truly a beautiful place, how wonderful for you all. Thank you for the link to Violettes as well.

Your Art and thoughts a very inspirational. A golden light.

blessings,
Cyn

Jamie Ridler said...

How inspiring that you created a retreat for yourselves! You've totally got me thinking!

And wtg for being a guide into the world of drawing and finding joy in art journalling.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding a way to create your own community in a place without many local resources! A retreat in Sedona sounds divine....

Kathryn V. Crabbe said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to look into your women's group right now :)

Kathy C.
http://SoulReaderBlog.blogspot.com