Friday, February 27, 2009

Its a wonderful day

I am having a wonderful day so far. My husband sang me Happy Birthday this morning. Then I started the day writing in my journal and then Yoga and made my cake. Soon I will be off to enjoy the beautiful day with my camera. Skies are blue and the sun is out.

Here is a treat for you today: Neil Gaiman reading his new book.



I spent the yesterday with my friend Kate. She wants to learn to draw faces so we had a beginning lesson. We also celebrated my birthday.













We had a wonderful lunch. I made Fettuccine Alfredo and she brought these birthday cupcakes too. Carrot cake and chocolate, they were yummy. I also had an opportunity to use my new tea cups so that was a lot of fun. I had her pick the teapot we would use and made tea the way my Irish mother taught me to. I had a feeling she was there with us.


















Now what else might a girl want... well presents of course. Here is a close up of the scarf she gave me., It is really gorgeous. Thanks to Kate for making the day special.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! have a fantastic day!

Shopgirl said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Friend!
Hugs, Mary

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
Happy, happy birthday..
Peace, and fun. Kai :)

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Happy Birthday Kate...I hope the day is filled with celebration!
XO

gma said...

Hi
Hope you had a beautiful day.
Sending you love
xxx

Sheila said...

Happy birthday Kate. I hope I made it in under the wire.
I hope your day was wonderful. Lots of love and happiness for the year ahead.
hugs
xx

risa said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I hope it was a great day! And I say celebrate the whole weekend!