Tuesday, October 31, 2006

NaNoWriMo

I recieved the latest round of ATC's this time the theme was 'your favorite movie'

 










Here are the ones I recieved. That is Johhny Depp in Crybaby, Casablanca and Moulin Rouge. I have not seen 2 of the movies so now I guess it time to hit the video store and check them out.

Knitting

I have been hard at work on the socks and I thought you might like to see a work in progress.

 











I think that they look pretty good so far. The rest will be black and white stripes with black heels and toes. I am using Brown sheeps Wildefoote and its really nice yarn to work with.

NaNoWriMo

Well NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow. The acronym stands for National Novel Writing Month. It where a number of fool hardy souls commit to writing a novel of 50,000 words in thirty days. I think the first year, 1999 there were 21 people who attempted this and 6 people finished. It has been done every year since then. This year they are expecting 75,000 people to sign up. If you sign up to do it you are a participant and if you finish you are a winner. I figure if you don't finish you still have written a lot more than you did the month before so thats a plus. Check out their website for more details. There is also a book written by the founder Chris Baty called No Plot no problem. I have the book and its great. You don't need the book to participate though, just go to the website and sign up.

Sarah and I have both signed up, so November is bound to be pretty crazy. Its good that Dave usually cooks dinner on Thanksgiving since Sarah and I will be attached to our laptops. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

gma said...

Glad you like your atc's...Crybaby is a really good one! Hope you can rent it one of these days.
Like your knitting...very cool!
:-)