Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Loon Lake and more

Last saturday Dave wanted to take this back road from Ashton to Flagg Ranch which is between Teton and Yellowstone parks. We took Flynn with us and had a nice outing.

 










When I saw this sign I had to have a picture, and no, squirrels are not buried here.

 










This is Loon Lake a few miles off the road we were traveling. My friend Amy camps here in the summer. She is always inviting me up there but the timing is never right, maybe next year.

 










Dave enjoying the scenery and watching the grill cook our lunch, well at least he is supposed to be watching the food.

 










Look what I found on the way home, this was about a mile from my house.Its a sheepherders wagon. This guy was a peruvian and was bringing his sheep down from the mountains. He had a Great Pyrenese dog and several border collies and a horse to haul his home. Posted by Picasa












Now here are all the sheep.... One year I actually saw the sheep go down the road right in front of my house. That was really neat to see.


Decorating


I am still working on the room. I am looking to have a seaside cottage look. I painted the walls a light aqua and the floor is the color of sand. I decided to paint the 2 bookshelves I have in there. So last night I primed one of them and painted it this morning. Its a very pale blue. I think the other big white bookshelf i will just repaint white or cream. Mainly since that is the color paint I have that I think would work. It is turning out to look pretty nice.

In between all this I am managing a little knitting, I am trying to finish a second sock, I am on the heel flap so it should not be long now. I went to the dollar store looking to see if by some miracle I could find those holders to store my stamps but no luck. I of course did not leave empty handed though. I got 2 new stamps, one a parrot and the other a stamp of a french poster. Also found some vintage notecards and a some reflective stickers to re do my mailbox. Not a bad haul at all.




Anniversary Trip

Our anniversary is tommorow. 21 years legally and 25 actually. We are going to haul the trailer out and spend some time in Yellowstone and Teton. Dave has Friday and Monday off so he'll take an extra day and make a really nice long weekend. The weather is lousy today but it is supposed to clear up so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't snow or something like that. I'll be back on line Tuesday.

4 comments:

KaiBlue said...

Happy Anniversairy for tommorrow Kate, love the pictures you post :)
Peace, Kai

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Happy Happy Anniversary, what a nice trip you have planned! love the photos of the sheep.
I hope you'll take pics of your room when it's done....i adore the theme you are going for the color choices as well!!
XOXO
Lisa

Charleen said...

Happy Anniversary, Kate. Enjoy your trip!

J C said...

Awesome Kate, that photo of the sheepherders home. Didn't know there were such here in the U.S. So kewl to see. Well, here in the south all I ever see is palm trees. No sheep or herders. Happy Anniversary!