Sunday, November 30, 2008

Crossing the Finish Line

I crossed the finish line around 8 pm last night. The story is not finished but I made the words which is what counts. I am not sure if I will work on editing it or not. I need time to absorb the experience and really see if it has enough good stuff to warrant further work on it. I have spent the morning cleaning the house. Its always needs a major overall from neglect in November.

I have the computer moved out of the Art room so now I can do art there and writing at my desk upstairs. My plans for December are to do some weaving. I'll need to clean out that room next. It so easy for me to let things slip by when I have so many interests. Priorities are something I have trouble following through on. Hopefully this December will be better. I spent October doing the Big Draw and then November doing Nanowrimo, I sort of wish Christmas was in January so I could have a month to do nothing. Life doesn't seem to work that way though.

Sometimes after intense experiences I find that I have difficulty getting back to normal again. Shouldn't I be stressing about my word count right now. Oj its back to cleaning. I am trying to look at housework as a spiritual activity. Maybe cleaning your house on Sunday can be considered Sacred. I'm off to vacuum...

7 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR DA GAL!!

Lynn Cohen said...

Congrats on getting the challenge met! And happy weaving. I will look forward to see that in action and completion.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate!!
You rock, you did it!! and congraddies to your group on their fabbie finish, they couldn't do it with your encouragment!

Now, you get December to enjoy your family time.. :)
peace, kai xx

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations Kate!!

Olivia said...

Congratulations, Kate! Wow---two years in a row---congratulations on your accomplishment! Love, O

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kate!
I like your idea of cleaning house as a spiritual activity. Looking around, I think my house could use a lot more spirituality around here :)

violette said...

Congratulations Kate.......what an accomplishment!

Re: housecleaning as a spiritual acitivity......good idea.....as you know i'm trying to do that too! Chop wood carry water.

Love, violette