Monday, November 24, 2008

Coming up for air

I tried to post all about my trip to Craters of the Moon but blogger is not being helpful today so I let it slide. Thought I should check in though. Only 10,000 more words to write. I will be happy when Nano is over on Sunday. Its been hard this year.

I have a few online classes I am taking. Right now it Les Petite Dolls with SuziBlu. and its been fun. I am working at my first try but its not ready to post yet. I signed up for her be Divine Class in December its on Goddess Art and I think it will be fantastic. Her classes are really reasonably priced and so much fun. Check them out here

I can't really afford any of the big art retreats so online classes seem to be the way to go for me. I have an altered journal class coming up with Sarah Whitmire of Soul Journaling fame. I think that will be fun too. I'll be posting pics as soon as I have something to show.

4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Hi Kate !
Sounds like you have found some fun but affordable classes to keep you going. I know what you mean about the big retreats ! They sound wonderful and like a great way to connect to many artists but I don't know how people can afford it - some go every year ! Lucky ! I will check out the Goddess Art site. Sarah is wonderful ! I followed her on-line Soul Journal adventure and LOVEd her !

Great job with your rock video! Looks like that river bed is the perfect place for finding your treasures. I am sure who ever receives your rocks as gifts will be thrilled with the little bits of love you put into them !
Thanks so much for your visit! Good luck with the art journal ! Just play, whenever you have a moment and remember there are no rules. It is just for you !
Cheers !

gma said...

You are lucky you have been able to go to some retreats. Online classes also sound like a great way to learn more and have fun!!!
Both of those you mentioned sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Online classes soud like a great idea.
Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving, Kate~Hugs

Sue Seibert said...

Glad to hear you've stuck with NANO. After I finished last year's novel, I just stopped. No desire until we have edited, etc.

I have thought about taking a Suzi Blue. Glad to hear it's fun.