Sunday, April 13, 2008

On a high tonight

I just got back from my second performance today of The Thread Narratives; Real Threads and True Stories. We had a smaller audience this evening but it was still so well received. We had 2 professional actors and the rest newbies like me. The play touched people on many levels. Its so different being the center of attention. Its not a role I generally navigate to. I always think of myself as a behind the scenes kind of gal. When one of the professional actresses said to she was pleased to have met me I felt a little embarrassed. I mean what I did was simple not life changing but in fact I think being involved in the Thread Project really has changed my life so perhaps it is something to be proud of after all. Its not that I do not feel proud about participating I do, it was an honor to be a part of it. Its people's reactions to it that amaze me. Its funny when those little moments come to you. You are just following your desires and you get involved in something that becomes so much bigger than you could have ever thought.

I guess that holds true with the GPS. I first heard of Violette Clark by seeing a article on her in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine. I was immediately captivated by her art and lifestyle and really connected with her. Who would have thought that 2 1/2 years later I'd be heading off to meet her and a whole group of Artistic friends in lovely Sedona Arizona. You never really do know where life is going to lead you. Just following a simple idea of a thread involved thousands of people. So if you have a dream or an idea take it to the next step, see where it can lead. I know you will be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: