Friday, April 04, 2008

The Journey














I was told about this movie from my friend Kai, thanks Kai it was fantastic. I watched it last night and then told my friend Kay who is leaving on her trip to Mexico today in an old VW bus about it. I drove over to her house last night and watched it with her again. The first time I cried all the stories struck an emotional cord with me. I am definetly going to buy this movie and show it to Sarah.

Here is my favorite quote from Henry Winkler of all people ""Your mind knows only some things. Your inner voice, your instinct, knows everything. If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path."

Now you wonder what is this movie about, well its about a journey of course, a documentary where the filmmaker seeks out elders and asks what kind of advice they would offer to young people. Eric interviews some famous and some not so famous, the stories are real and provocative, Its all about following your dreams and believing in yourself at any age. Check it out here
















Here is the journal page I did, I guess Sedona is on my mind. I used soft pastel and watercolor pencils, its color is more vibrant in person.

I got my taxes done and efiled so that feels good to have that done. I hope today to get that personal page finished for my Sedona trip. I have a slew of old pics I've included so now I just need to figure out what else to add. Its supposed to be 50 and sunny today, wow that is like a heat wave, I may have to work out some time on the river. Whatever you are doing have a great time at it.

Ps. I just watched the special features for the Journey and they are great, so don't forget to watch all of them.

2 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Great Winkler quote. I wrote it down. Thanks

Sue Seibert said...

Interesting movie clip! Love your Sedona Dreams! Sorry I can't be there. Hope you girls have a great time!