Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I am so excited

Well its official I have now had the flu for 2 weeks, oh joy. I felt a little better this morning so maybe this is the beginning of the end I sure hope so.

I am sitting in the Villa cafe watching the videos for my painting class. My connection at home is too slow. I really like the video format, its like having the instructor right in your living room. I find myself saying yes i understand. This week we are learning to prep a canvas, transfer a drawing and beginning to paint. It is so exciting. I am waiting for the second video to load and then I am sure I'll want to hurry home and get my canvas prepped and ready to go. Hmmm those errands I was going to do don't seem so important anymore.

I passed the 2 week period on the South Beach Diet, I have to admit it one of the hardest things I have had to do. Now I cans tart adding some food back, like fruit, oh I missed having my fruit juice in the morning. Very little bread is allowed but for some reason Sourdough is acceptable so I am going to get myself a loaf and have some toast, ooh that will be good. I have to say that my glass of OJ this morning was heavenly. Its amazing how good something tastes when you have been denied it.

Oh I just finished watching the second video and oh it was awesome. It just paid for the price of the class for me, the rest is a bonus now. I have discovered everything that I was doing wrong and they are simple things I can easily fix, oh it is so exciting..... I need to go home now and start prepping my canvas.

6 comments:

J C said...

Love your card. I have seen "soothe your soul" several times this morning in my cybertravels. Isn't it odd? I had used it on my post, also. Guess we glitter sisters all think alike. That's a good thing! Glad you are feeling a little better. Keep painting! xoxoxo

PJ said...

Hope you are feeling better...what a drag catching the FLU!!! congrats on passing the second week! Good for you!

Sue Seibert said...

Sorry about the flu, Kate! Uck! The video art class sounds a treat. From whom are you taking it?

Shop girl said...

The flu is awful, my son Cory's family all had it one after another. Not Fun!
I have not done well on my diet, I seem to be going down hill fast. I don't know what is wrong with me. I know what I have to do, I just seem to be defeated...Enough of that!!!
You take a painting class on line?
That would be fun. I should take a class.
You are on the mend and that is wonderful, I will be back, Hugs, Mary

Shop girl said...

Kate, I can hardly wait for you to start your book. I love to write myself, but have not done as of yet what I planned to do with my blog. So I have a second blog that I call "Ramblings of Red" I hope to find the words or the moment to get started. Your Grandparents have left you a wonderful gift of letters...I don't have that, but was blessed to have some family that shared stories and events that I should be writing down.

Julie said...

I am so sorry that you have been sick for so long. You could have been on the "flu diet" as well.

I know what you mean about the Internet. My connection is fast, no problem. But my computer has no audio and I hate it when friends send emails/recommend sites that need sound. I get so frustrated.