Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sarah comes home today

Its a regular occurrence this time of year but still an exciting day for me. My daughter comes home for Thanksgiving today. This is the first time she'll be home since she left in August so I know she is really looking forward to it. I have been baking pies this morning so I don't have that much to do when she gets here. Tomorrow I have the funeral for my friend Jan so I also made up a vegetable plate to take. So I have the needed chores done. My friend Ginger invited me out to lunch today so that will be nice. I need to squeeze in the writing time along with cleaning up the house and all that jazz so it will still be a busy day.

I haven't done any art not even a doodle. Perhaps I should draw my food like Danny Gregory does. Just the simple stuff like doing the mug the other day. Or maybe like Tinker I should do some Art around this whole writing thing. There's an idea.

I picked up this book used on Amazon and I thought Kai and Lisa Oceandreamer might really like it. Its called Pen on Fire A Busy Woman's Guide to Igniting the Writer Within. Its all about taking time to write that novel. I love Amazon's used books, I think I got the book for $6 and that included shipping and it was brand new. I also ordered Marry your Muse recommended by Anna I haven't gotten it yet but am anxious to peruse its pages. I love books that inspire me and help me jump to the next level.

2 comments:

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Kate, I hope you have a lovely and wonderful visit with your daughter - I know you are both looking forward to it!
You're doing great, and you know, sometimes you just have to do those other things and then come back to it. As for art, I've drawn NOTHING but the mug in some time...although I am working with fabric, still no art in that way. You're right, I neeed to pay attention to D. Gregory too.
Thanks for the book recommendation, I have it saved on Amazon now.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
XOXO
Gooooooooooooo KATE!! :)

Pam Aries said...

Dear Kate! I was thinking that I haven't talked to you lately!!! I hope you are doing well! How is the weather ???