Monday, December 31, 2007

New Art


















A drawing in pencil


These are all collages in that small book I have.


















































Its New Years Eve so its an appropriate day to talk about end of the year stuff. I like to make a list of things I have done over the year in an attempt to see how much I have accomplished.

2007 Recap
Traveled to Maryland, Delaware, South Carolina.
Spent a week in Yellowstone seeing birds of prey, wolves etc.
Spent some wonderful times at the Ocean in Delaware and S. Carolina.
Met my friends Nancy and Julie and Pam in person.
Attended the thread Project Events in Charleston.
Participated in Nanowrimo in November and wrote a 50000 word novel.
Formed a writers support group.
Served as a Municipal Liaison for Nanowrimo.
Attended an Artists retreat in June.
Met Misty Mawn, Sue Monk Kidd.
I bought my first painting and prints from an artists I like.
I had back surgery in July.
Participated in Write fling in October.
Participated in the Be brave project in October.
Joined the 100 day challenge in October.
Made my own video's and uploaded to You tube.
Wrote a daily blog.
Started a Yoga practice.
Created More Art than last year.
Participated in a several different swaps.
Took part in the Heart Book.
Met many new artistic souls.
Painted and decorated a new room.

Its on to a new year and to new adventures. I haven't made a list for the new year yet. I will save that for the next couple days.

12 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy! Happy Happy 2008!
Have a great time honeybunch!

Do cut & paste the 2 awards on my blog...they are for all my luvly blogging pals.
Dxxx

Jonna said...

Kate, Wonderful blog which I have just rediscovered. I also reside in Idaho. Brrr!

Olivia said...

Hi, Kate,

I do the accomplishment list too each year. I'm going to finish mine while waiting for the New Year to start! Happy new year to you! You've accomplished a whole, whole lot in just one year, and have some beautiful art as well...peace and love, O

Anonymous said...

Great accomplishment list for the year. I am loving your journal pages. Which reminds me Banna keeps telling me to let you know what size her journal pages are so... 4.5x6.5 Love Hugs and Blessing to you and yours in the New Year.

Anonymous said...

Love the art and journal pages, Kate. Quite a lot happened in 2007!
Wishing you a creative, healthy, happy New Year~

Julie said...

I feel so useless and lazy after reading your list. I can't afford to travel but I could have done a lot more art and challenged myself a lot more. That's what I admire most about you - that you challenge yourself to do things you might be afraid of doing.

Hugs,

Julie

Sheila said...

2007 was packed with activities by the sound of it..where do you find time to do art..?
I hope 2008 is good for you..hugs
xx

J C said...

Wow Kate, you've been doing a lot of really nice art lately. I've been doing zip!! Sigh...Happy New Year! xoxoxo

gma said...

Wow You had a full and fantastic year....looking forward to seeing you in Sedona in April.
Happiest of New years to you Kate!!!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

You really accomplished so many things! I wish you a very happy New Year Kate...full of everything that will bring you joy! Love seeing all your art and all the various things you're doing!
Thank you for always being so encouraging!
Speaking of joy, I can't wait for Sedona!
XOXOXO
Love and hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,
Wishing you a most wonderful new year filled with all that you love! Keep the art coming!!! xoxo

Janet said...

Thank you for all the help you've given me over this past year, and for your encouragement, too. You accomplished so much during the year and you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for that.

I really love the pencil drawing at the top, and I also like your collages. You are developing a very interesting style and I can't wait to see where it goes this year.